Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monkey Island

Options
  • 17-04-2012 5:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭

I'm sure I'm not the only man in Ireland begging for another adventure to come out.

Anyone heard anything by any chance? Preferably a return to the good old fashioned gaming style? If not im planning on playing them all over the summer anyway.

I just miss Guybrush so damn much some times :(

Anyone else enjoy the game or have a favourite part or anything?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭Stompbox

Great series. The first one I ever played was 'Escape From Monkey Island' on the PS2 and I rank it one of the most absorbing and entertaining laugh-out-loud romps I've ever played.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

Stompbox wrote: »
    Great series. The first one I ever played was 'Escape From Monkey Island' on the PS2 and I rank it one of the most absorbing and entertaining laugh-out-loud romps I've ever played.

im just going 24, and the first time i played it was on 5 1/4 inch floppy discs. the very first one, the secret of monkey island...i was probably around 5 or 6 playing and didnt really get it..

when i was around 13 or 14, i went back after buying all of the games up todate and completed them all...my god i never loved a game as much!

you're right too, no game swallows you up...like not trying to sound too nerdy but i felt i was guybrush :P and just the comedy is second to none.

a lot of people complain about modernisation in games, but Dominic Armato voicing guybrush made that the best installment for me

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Did you buy the redone versions on 360/PC ?
    They were excellently done :D ,and you could switch between the new and old styles

• Registered Users Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭El Inho

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Did you buy the redone versions on 360/PC ?
    They were excellently done :D ,and you could switch between the new and old styles

yeah i got the secret of monkey island redo...was pretty cool the way you could switch...

i kinda hoped that they would go all out and redo the first two in the style of the curse of monkey island...but the voice overs were a beauty to play with.

and i saw it go all fancy pants cross platform...everyone needs to play this game, but im a snob when its comes to the insistence it must be played on pc! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3 stabiloboss25

ya love it! Just got monkey island 1 & 2 for PS3 and it reignited my love for the game. I heard there was a 5 coming but I think it's hearsay. When Disney bought out Lucas Arts, I figure thats the end of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

Try Thimbleweed Park for a return to the old school point and clicks. They've also remastered Gabriel Knight and Day of the Tentacle which are also two good old school titles. I still get good fun out of playing Monkey Island 1 and 2 now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

ya love it! Just got monkey island 1 & 2 for PS3 and it reignited my love for the game. I heard there was a 5 coming but I think it's hearsay. When Disney bought out Lucas Arts, I figure thats the end of it.

This is a thread from 5 years ago.

Advertisement