Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Course work placements abroad?

Options
  • 17-04-2012 5:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

It is a compulsary part of a BSc course in NUIG to do a three month work placement abroad. Would anyone be able to tell me if this is classed as an erasmus work placement? I've tried finding out through the college, but to no avail. Has anyone here done their work placement this way?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 TalkToEU John

meg3178 wrote: »
    It is a compulsary part of a BSc course in NUIG to do a three month work placement abroad. Would anyone be able to tell me if this is classed as an Erasmus work placement? I've tried finding out through the college, but to no avail. Has anyone here done their work placement this way?

Hi Meg3178,

As long as you are taking part in a placement which is recognised by the university, have filled out the proper documentation and the placement is at least three months long, then this placement can be classed as an Erasmus placement. This means that you can be considered for an Erasmus grant. But make sure you apply on time to the International Affairs Office in NUI Galway! If the grant is approved, you should receive documentation from the International Affairs Office with the details of your Erasmus placement and your grant.

For more information on this, check out the NUIG International Affairs Office’s website: : http://www.nuigalway.ie/erasmus/outgoing/erasmusplacements.html

You can also find out more information on Erasmus programmes from the Erasmus Student Network website: http://www.esn.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

Thank you, this information is just what I needed. :D

Advertisement