Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Discounts on Cartell.ie

Options
  • 17-04-2012 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭

I just got the below ina newsletter from cartell.ie so said I would share:
    ... As a receiver of this newsletter, we want to offer you 20% instant discount on our 2 star and 3 star checks by using the promo code ‘news2012a’. This discount cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers.
    Since the start of 2012, Cartell have been running a promotion where we will discount your 2 star or 3 star check by €10 if the vehicle you are checking is 8 years or older. This means that a 2star history check which can tell you if the vehicle was written off, Scrapped, has a Mileage discrepancy, Ex-Taxi, Imported, Taxed/NCT’d, Ex-Company Car, for only €10! And if you wish to check the finance on that and upgrade to a 3 star Cartell Check, it will only cost a total of €25! ...

Link -> http://www.cartell.ie/newsletter-springsummer-2012/#discount

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

just used them last week , looked up a car my cousin was going to buy, showed up as a write off from the insurance company.

well worth checking if you are buying private from a stranger

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3 lashesbykat

Got the 10euro but they charged my card 20euro ?

After I coped it on my online statment I phoned them - they don't know why it happened.

Funny how it was twice the price and not half price was charged - the mistake is always in merchants favor never the customers. While the overcharge is taken instantly the refund will take 4 or5 days.

Also no apology nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

Got the 10euro but they charged my card 20euro ?

After I coped it on my online statment I phoned them - they don't know why it happened.

Funny how it was twice the price and not half price was charged - the mistake is always in merchants favor never the customers. While the overcharge is taken instantly the refund will take 4 or5 days.

Also no apology nothing

when an error is in favour of the customer, the customer never says anything, hence you don't hear about it.

When a merchant makes a small error, some people think they should scream and shout about it so that the world will hear. - Some even go to the lengths to open an online forum account just to make a hullabaloo about a small error - the chance are you clicked something incorrectly as in all payment systems the amoutn being charged is shown to you and by clicking the payment button you are agreeing to that amount.

Obviously you have never made an error in your life!

as to how banks work on payments - your card issuer has taken the payment off you on behalf of the merchant. The merchant gets the payment in 2-3 days. When a merchant makes a refund, it is taken from their account IMMEDIATELY, but again, it takes 2-3 days to reach your account. That's how payment systems work.

In any case, what's the issue here. An error was made possibly by them, possibly by you. They did not argue with you, they refunded immediately, but because they did not grovel and go on their knees to you, you decide to try and punish them. Stupid stupid stupid post.

'

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Denisoftus

Still works in '16, thanks OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭larrykinney

just used this discount code, still works...:-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭supersparkz

2019, still working. Cheers Op

Advertisement