Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How often do you wash your roof?

Options
  • 17-04-2012 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭

Sitting digesting my dinner here, and looking out the yard at the security cameras , I can see the roofs of several customers MHs . and tbh , I'm wondering should I fire up the lawnmower! :D , Ok , slight exaggeratiuon , but some of them are covered in dirt and growth . This can lead to leaks , as ye know... so how often do you lot wash the roof ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Once or twice a year is enough. I park it so it is at a slope and the rain water doesn't collect on the roof. It seems to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭shanec1928

*Kol* wrote: »
    Once or twice a year is enough. I park it so it is at a slope and the rain water doesn't collect on the roof. It seems to help.
    but then thats not good for the fridge...

Once a year after they finish salting the roads, and turtle wax the bejaysus outta it. Not really a fan of buffing though. Function over beauty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

but then thats not good for the fridge...

It's only a few degrees of a slope so that the water does not collect on the roof. The front wheels are about 2 inches higher than the back wheels.

Would that effect the fridge?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

Next doors tree as just sprouted its leaves and as it over hangs my camper parking bay my roof will turn black and gooey in about 2 weeks time so i have to get up with the yard brush and the power washer every 3 weeks or so really annoys me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Mines parked under a roof but still gets grubby, Usually twice a year is enough for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Next doors tree as just sprouted its leaves and as it over hangs my camper parking bay my roof will turn black and gooey in about 2 weeks time so i have to get up with the yard brush and the power washer every 3 weeks or so really annoys me

Next time bring the bushman with you.
    Marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 4wheelen

Once a year usually in the spring along with full decent wash and clean to get rid of all the green gunk that accumulates over the winter, - thinking about a motorhome cover for the winter months, anyone strongly for or against these ? - Must check to see if there's already a seperate thread covering that topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

it has been mentioned before alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭joed571

About once a year for me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Jaysus lads, I've never done mine :eek:

I remember being on the ferry last year and looking at our roof and being slightly embarassed. It really was filthy and took away from the rest of the van which we had given a good clean and polish. We even commented on it and hoped nobody would know it was ours.

Note to self - clean roof of van next weekend before we tackle the body.

ps Aidan, you normally save me work with your tips and hints. This will generate work !!!!

Advertisement