Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Students and Jobseekers Allowance

Options
  • 17-04-2012 12:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

:confused:Hi there,

I have just have a few questions from my girlfriend. She is doing a two year Hairdressing Course and will be finished college and this course in May. There is an optional course which consists of another two years but this will be a whole new course but when started will be considered by the college that the student is 'carrying on' further with her studies.

What I am looking to know is during the summer months is there any sort of alowance she can recieve as she does not know if she will be continuing on as it is pricey and she has to wait to be accepted but as of May she will have this current course completely finished. She is searching and trying her hardest to land a job i.e handing out multiple CV's, applying online, etc but has not been successful. There are family issues which mean she cannot stay at home during the summer months and it will be very hard for me to support her alone on what I recieve. I am sorry for the lifestory but basically what I am asking is there any sort of allowance she can recieve, anything would help at all.

Thanks !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 RonnieQuibbles

Is she over 23? Students over 23 can apply for jobseekers allowance during the summer months. Otherwise a letter from the college stating that she has completed the course should be enough. Unless she has already registered or accepted a place for another course, there should be no problem.:)

Advertisement