Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The 2nd Irish FMA (FILIPINO Martial Arts) Exchange Seminar

Options
  • 16-04-2012 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

The 2nd F.M.A EXCHANGE EVENT will take place on the 22nd april in Guro Jon O'Neills club in Scoil Bride, Blanchardstown, Dublin.

This event will proably be one of the biggest Filipino Martials Arts gatherings this year in Ireland. The arts instructed in the seminar include the weapons based and emptyhand arts of Kali, Arnis, Esrkrima and Silat.

Time: 11am-5;30pm.
    22nd April 2012

After a great turnout at the last one and great response for the next one,you will need to book early, to secure a place.

It would be great to see and train with everyone who attended the 1st event, looking forward to meeting and training with like minded people,with the same goal-to help support each other and promote F.M.A in ireland..

cost:15 euros

Instructors confirmed so far:
    Guro Jon O Neill- Silat
    Nollaig MacAodha- Nickelstick Balintawak
    Guro Paul Cox and Dave hedges- Doce Paras Eskrima
    Guro Miso Crkon- bahad zubu blade and floro fighting systems
    Guro dave joyce-Sayoc Kali
    Guro John Hoey-Warriors Eskrima
    also guest instructors on the day
    More instructors TBA, and Guest Demo's of FMA arts.

This might change slightly on the day,and there will be 5 mins water breaks inbetween each session.
    There is shops close for food/water etc..
    Bring sticks, and martial arts knife trainers (rubber plastic wood) for the day

For more info and booking a place please contact Nollaig : 0861092835

to get an idea of the FMA exchange check out the article written by me for fighthounds online MMA magazine

http://fighthounds.com/mma/inaugural-filipino-martial-arts-exchange-seminar-held-in-wexford/

Instructors from last event

instructors-picture.jpg

from left to right Miso Crkon, Nollaig Mac Aodha, Seán Mac Gearailt, Jon O' Neil, Paul Cox and Dave Hedges.

fma-exchange-logo.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭KathleenMcCabe

Really looking forward to this tomorrow! :D

Absolutely fantastic seminar!

7 instructors. Almost 40 people in attendance. Great to get together with like minded people and learn from their styles. The FMA Exhange is going rapidly from strength to strength and FMA Exchanges will very soon be held in USA and UK. Great to see South East Asian Arts getting the recognition it deserves. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭silat liam

Yeah Kathleen great to see South East Asian Arts growing, but it is kinda of strange one, when none of our seniors students in Dublin are allow to join the exchange group, but students who run branches for me are contacted and asked to join. So what's the difference between members of my clubs in Dublin and Branches outside of Dublin?

Being one of the largest groups in Ireland, and one of the very first to promote Silat and Kali in Ireland and even this week, going out of our way to bring over Marc Denny, one of the legend of the FMA World! We are always out there trying to get more people involved in the South East Asian Arts, and bringing it to the general public attention.

As someone who loves and shares FMA, I've been doing my best in promoting these arts since 1988 I've hosts seminars in Ireland for Cass Magda, Felix Valencia, Krishna Godhania, Pat O'Mally John Harvey to name a few, and host the European Eskrima Championship, I'm one of only two Irish people to have done that I think Dave Joyce is the only other. I even let one of the admins of this group come to my club to promote himself when he started off teaching Eskrima, and the other admin was a long term student of mines. So both admins know me very well and what I have done. I'm really glad to see FMA getting promoted, but please don't say the group is open to all who share the same love of the FMA. What ever reason you guys have decided to block us, I can pretty much guess why so I wish you guys well with it, and will see some of the guys later this week at Marc Seminar which was open to all, before being booked out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Anto young

Funny how people forget to read the rules of envolvement in the FMA EXCHANGE. NO POLITICS WELCOME, STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED,

Its the safest way to ensure all taking part are like minded people who respect each other, support each other and wish each other all the best with our clubs.....

Might be an indication why we dont see you at these events. Would love to see some of your students at these events as alot of them are nice guys who dont look for negative issues with people. But your right you have done an awesome job of promoting the Arts in this country, keep up the good work and best of luck in the future :-)

I would personal like to thank all the Instructors for their teachings and advice today as it was another great event. Really enjoyed it. Have to say Jon Hoey,s humour within his teaching was a great addition. Still giggling here. Anyway cant wait till the next one. Its great to see genuine nice people getting together to train and share experience of the Arts they love. Good bonds and friendships are being forged and positive steps in the right direction are being made. Well done to the guys who make this happen, Much Respect to the instructors and all the many students who support these events, Thanks everyone, ANTO

• Advertisement

Anto young wrote: »
    Funny how people forget to read the rules of envolvement in the FMA EXCHANGE. NO POLITICS WELCOME, STRICTLY NOT ALLOWED,

Its the safest way to ensure all taking part are like minded people who respect each other, support each other and wish each other all the best with our clubs.....

Might be an indication why we dont see you at these events. Would love to see some of your students at these events as alot of them are nice guys who dont look for negative issues with people. But your right you have done an awesome job of promoting the Arts in this country, keep up the good work and best of luck in the future :-)

Hi Anto

The reason you havn't seen me or any of my Dublin students at any of the two events is

1) We were refuse membership of the FMA Exchange on Facebook when it was being set up

2) We have never been invited to any of these event.

I have supported and open my door to many of the members of the FMA Community, they have been warmly welcome to any seminar that I've put on or hosted. Many of them have been fed and water BY myself at the venue or at my house. There was a gathering of like minded FMA guys, though a smaller event back in 2010, and I believe we treated everyone with loads of respect, decency and help everyone. You can say its not politics, but that exactly what it is. I can't understand me bringing along 20 or 30 so students to a event like this would be nothing but positive . Anto I'm not asking to join again, I just wanted to clear some of this up, as a number of the guys who are attending Marc seminar where asking me, why I don't attend the exchange meetings or online and they didn't realised I wasn't allow.

As I said before i'm really glad the events are promoting South East Asian Arts and I hope it gets more interested in doing them. There is a wealth of knowledge in Ireland and many good teachers.

I will not engage you in conversation regarding the FMA and your accusations against it as this nothing to do with me. Personally i think when you have broken many bridges for whatever reasons it takes alot of work to repair them. Look i wish you and your club all the best in the future and commend you on promoting the arts within Ireland. but finally i will leave this conversation with facts and make no more comments as you seem to want to use my reply as a platform to attack the FMA EXCHANGE,

1) I left your club and attempted to do it on good terms
    2) I thanked you for your teachings and wished you all the best in future
    3) I was told i was part of a secret group plotting against you and i had layed my bed and now must lie in it
    4) i was told i was disrepectful towards you in the weeks leading up to me leaving (pure rubbish)
    5)i asked to continue to avail of supporting future events or seminars you would organise in the future
    6)I was told that this would never happen and i wouldnt get any invites to future events as you had an issue with me wanting to train under another instructor whom you had a grudge against
    7)you barred me from attending future seminars in which you were involved
    8)and lastly i blocked you on facebook, yahoo, etc etc and told you to keep me out of internet accusations you were making against people including me
    9) You accused me of you being financially out of pocket as you needed to replace a student and claimed i owed you money.

Now i will say when somebody thanks you , wishes you the best in the future and even looks to remain on good terms and is told "NO NEVER" for just wanting to train under someone else and not liking aspects of a silat system that was being thought it shows up a person as being irrational and petty in their response to this.

Now i know it would give you great pleasure to keep this topic going but i wont entertain any more rubbish as i am on this post to celebrate the FMA EXCHANGE SUCCESS AND THANK THE INSTRUCTORS FOR A GREAT DAY TODAY NOT BE FORCED INTO RESPONDING TO POLITICS WITHIN MATERIAL ARTS WHICH IS STUPID AND WRONG. LIAM BEST OF LUCK WITH ALL YOUR CLUBS IN THE FUTURE, OUR CONVERSATION ENDS HERE AS YOU MADE IT CLEAR WERE I STAND WITH YOU. CLAIM WHAT YOU WANT I WONT REPLY TO ANYTHING ELSE YOU CHOOSE TO RIGHT. I WILL CONCENTRATE ON MY TRAINING ONLY FROM HERE ON IN AND THANK THE MEN WHO BLESS ME WITH THEIR TEACHINGS :-) AGAIN WISH YOU ALL THE BEST

Lol Anto what rubbish and nonsenses are you going on about? What has anything of what you wrote got to do with what I posted? All I did was ask a question and state a couple of facts. Did you just join Boards this evening to have a go. I did not run down the event today, nor the group, i just ask a simple question.

Anto you know exactly what went on in my clubs, and this is not the place for that discussion (but it can be if you or your teacher wants it to be ), but it suffice to say many of the points you're talking about are complete and total horse manure and I'm very sure you wouldn't want me to go into those points one by one.

At least you have been true to form, you pretend you mean well to me, then attack me in the same breath. So to finalise I gather from your statements tonight that I would not be welcome, but my student would mmh well that true to form from your club. Is that why your club targets my Branches and students hoping to get them into your club. My students have always seem to be interest to you guys, every birthday of the students, every new student who hooks up with us on facebook, every seminar or workshop we put on, suddenly there a workshop before or after our lol. You guys must sit the whole time and watch what we do, for guys who wanted to take over our club then when that didn't work decided to split, you cant seem to leave our association. Anyway Thanks for clearing up the reasons publicly.

Finally Anto no need to use capitals, I know you like shouting.Just so you know its very disrespectful. It doesn't make me fear you or gain any more ground, so keep it polite please.

SEE it has everything got to do with was has been posted. I have the emails to back up everything i siad. I was pointing out that your involved in public slander of people and clubs, including students and organisations and engageing in accusations of crazy proportions..i was clearly stating that this might be a reason that you didnt personally get an invite.MAYBE ITS BECAUSE YOU ARE DISLIKED ? I DONT KNOW, ask the Questions. Following your club and students ???? haha you try add every student of FMA from every club as a friend on facebook so whos watching who...HAHA your not worth the effort of the reply, its always poor liam i am being wronged by everybody, poor me i own the rights to South East Asian Arts in Ireland, I should control it, its not fair.... Grow up instead of engaging in internet politics ask the people to their face the questions you seek the answers to. As regards you adressing the points i made about you, i will do that face to face also even over a cup of tea. LOOK WHATEVER LIAM, YOU TRAIN, I TRAIN, GET ON WITH YOUR LIFE....THIS POST IS TO CELEBRATE A GREAT EVENT THAT WAS ENJOYED BY MANY, its not for you to try publicly cry poor me was not part of this exchange. I really will not reply again your dying for dispute,,,, IM CELEBRATING A GOOD DAY, YOUR JUST FEELING SORRY FOR YOURSELF, NOW ASK YOUR QUESTIONS ELSEWHERE :-)

GREAT DAY LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT. RESPECT TO ALL INVOLVED

lo.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭mugs1

Hi,

I have been reading through this thread for a couple days and couldn't help notice that Liam has been editing his posts after others have responded!

His original posts did not read nearly as polite or reasonable..this is a clear attempt to bait other posters into an agressive stance, then changing his posts in order to make the others look unreasonable it is a very common ploy of trolls on discussion Forums. I'm pretty sure Admins can check these things out if required..

While I haven't been to an FMA Exchange seminar yet.. I am on the Facebook page and have seen posts advertising the Marc Denny seminar. It is probably still there if anyone would like to check that out. I'm guessing that was either liam or one of his students who posted it.

I actually spent most of last week deciding whether to attend the Exchange or the Marc Denny seminar as A friend and I have been working through Crafty's Staff Dvd for a few weeks now. Unfortunatley personal circumstances prevented me from attending the FMA Exchange.

And to be honest what I've seen here, has made my mind up on the Marc Denny seminar. guess I'll keep working with the dvd and catch Marc Denny another time!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

mugs1 wrote: »
    And to be honest what I've seen here, has made my mind up on the Marc Denny seminar. guess I'll keep working with the dvd and catch Marc Denny another time!

The seminar is fully booked AFAIK so I'd doubt if this thread has your mind up on attending :confused:

I'd also note that MD hasnt taught in the UK since 2002 or so, and the UK has a number of groups affiliated to his organisation in it, unlike Ireland. So you'll be waiting a long time for a return visit I reckon.

Bambi wrote: »

The seminar is fully booked AFAIK so I'd doubt if this thread has your mind up on attending :confused:

I'd also note that MD hasnt taught in the UK since 2002 or so, and the UK has a number of groups affiliated to his organisation in it, unlike Ireland. So you'll be waiting a long time for a return visit I reckon.

Like I said, I have been following this thread for a couple days now!

And to be fair, I think I am in a better position to know whether someting (this thread for example) has infuenced my decision, the question of whether or not the seminar is fully booked is irrelevant is it not?

Why do you assume I would wait for him the return to Ireland? From what I understand he teaches seminars all around Europe or maybe I could attend seminars run buy one of his representatives in the UK :)

And to be fair, I think I am in a better position to know whether someting (this thread for example) has infuenced my decision, the question of whether or not the seminar is fully booked is irrelevant is it not?

Um..If you left it until the last two days to make a decision then there wasn't any decision for you to make, AFAIK the seminar was booked out by then. So you aint going because you aint got a place not because you made a decision not to attend based on internet drama :confused:

Why do you assume I would wait for him the return to Ireland? From what I understand he teaches seminars all around Europe or maybe I could attend seminars run buy one of his representatives in the UK

Maybe, or as its also known: "maybe not". You could attend a UK seminar... except there are none. Hasn't been since around 2002. I know that because I was at it. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭Dave Joyce

Here is a small clip of some photos of the FMA Exchange yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56SLv--GFg0&feature=youtu.be

While it was a very good turn out I was rather surprised that so many people that have expressed an interest/opinion on FMA on various threads on this forum did not take the opportunity to have a look at the event particularly when there were so many instructors/systems represented AND it only cost the paltry sum of €15 :confused::confused:

Bambi wrote: »

Um..If you left it until the last two days to make a decision then there wasn't any decision for you to make, AFAIK the seminar was booked out by then. So you aint going because you aint got a place not because you made a decision not to attend based on internet drama :confused:

Why do you assume I would wait for him the return to Ireland? From what I understand he teaches seminars all around Europe or maybe I could attend seminars run buy one of his representatives in the UK

Maybe, or as its also known: "maybe not". You could attend a UK seminar... except there are none. Hasn't been since around 2002. I know that because I was at it. :cool:

Hmmm, I refer you to my last post again.. and will disengage from this conversation as you clearly have nothing of any value to add..

In fact if you are representive of the people who will be attending, than I believe my original decision was a correct one, and I will give any seminar by silat liam a wide berth in the future! :)

Dave Joyce wrote: »
    While it was a very good turn out I was rather surprised that so many people that have expressed an interest/opinion on FMA on various threads on this forum did not take the opportunity to have a look at the event particularly when there were so many instructors/systems represented AND it only cost the paltry sum of €15 :confused::confused:

lots of coulda-woulda-shoulda types out there Daithi :confused:. tbh it was a pretty good turnout I thought, any more would have made it harder to teach.

Hi,

I have been reading through this thread for a couple days and couldn't help notice that Liam has been editing his posts after others have responded!

His original posts did not read nearly as polite or reasonable..this is a clear attempt to bait other posters into an agressive stance, then changing his posts in order to make the others look unreasonable it is a very common ploy of trolls on discussion Forums. I'm pretty sure Admins can check these things out if required..

While I haven't been to an FMA Exchange seminar yet.. I am on the Facebook page and have seen posts advertising the Marc Denny seminar. It is probably still there if anyone would like to check that out. I'm guessing that was either liam or one of his students who posted it.

I actually spent most of last week deciding whether to attend the Exchange or the Marc Denny seminar as A friend and I have been working through Crafty's Staff Dvd for a few weeks now. Unfortunatley personal circumstances prevented me from attending the FMA Exchange.

Hi Mugs

Lol what a conspiracy about the editing, are you serious. So now when I change a grammar mistake, or make simple things read better, I'm trying to bait people. Anyway you might want to check want to learn about time, before making statements like that.

Edit 1 Original post 20.48pm edit at 21.05pm the next post on thread by Anto 21.54pm

Edit 2 Original post 22.38pm edit at 23.00pm the next post on thread by Anto 23.40pm

So looking at the facts how did I change the post after the response, when it clearly can be seen I did it well before. I take it a apology would be out of the question?

On your second point about Marc Denny Seminar. Yes it me that posted the seminar up on facebook, and its me that doing all the advertising. And I totally agree with Bambi if you waited till this weekend to make a decision to attend Marc Workshops, then my friend you weren't really interested in going, and just using the ideal you might be attending, as a way of trying to take a snipe at me. This was first time Marc has been to Ireland and hasn't be in UK since 2002. All the places for these workshops, have been sold out, and there was a waiting list, as a lot of people are interested in his work. Yesterday two students due to family and health problems couldn't make it, and there places were gone in 5 minutes. So tbh it's of no matter to me, wither you go or not, to this event or any other in the future I host, and if you wish to pay a lot more money to travel to another country, because of some grudge you have against me, then fair play and the best of luck. But it simply doesn't effect me, how could it?

Mugs, simply put you have lost out on a situation to train with a great teacher. I put on event like these for very simple reason, I have always believe in trying to share the knowledge and my art form, and I try and make sure every year I bring over someone world class and share them with my students and the wider community if their interested. I'm not into hosting seminars to make money and when you look at the price €33 a night you get a minimum of 3 hours, with a world class teacher, you can see this is about passion for the art. I want my students to grow from experiencing teachers like Marc. Many of my students could never afford to fly off to meet him, so this is a golden opportunity to experience all that he has in a intimate environment on his 5 day trip.

My door is always open to anyone who wants to train and is willing to treat others with respect. No one is turn away, if they follow that simple rule. No one is treated bad in any class or seminar, and anyone who attend is given the same equal access as anyone else. Anto has made a lot of claims I've done this I've done that, but his teacher has on two occasions phone me and ask about the possibilities to come back and return to train under me. For someone who has done all the things that Anto claims about me, its a strange request from his teacher. He has also apologies to me about Anto actions once on the phone and once in class (in front of witnesses). I was also one of the first people that his teacher contacted when some of his own students broke away and set up their own club. Very Ironic when you think the same was done to me the previous year by him. Each time despite all I listen and advise his what to do. So there are many things that go on, that people don't want to air on public forum. So I'm willing to have that cup of tea that was offered and discuss them, in a private format.

Due to the nature of the week I cant give this any more time. So there no confusion in any way." I totally respect the work, knowledge and skill level of all the teachers who were at the exchange past weekend. I wish the exchange the very best with their development and promotion of the arts. Due to the reactions on this thread it will be far better for me, the arts and the exchange if I no longer comment on it, nor ask for our group to be part of it in any way in the future. We will continued to promote the arts, and all our events will be open to all, we can still share our common passion at some level"

Liam

silat liam wrote: »
    Hi,
    I actually spent most of last week deciding whether to attend the Exchange or the Marc Denny seminar as A friend and I have been working through Crafty's Staff Dvd for a few weeks now. Unfortunatley personal circumstances prevented me from attending the FMA Exchange. And to be honest what I've seen here, has made my mind up on the Marc Denny seminar. guess I'll keep working with the dvd and catch Marc Denny another time!
    Hi Mugs
    Lol what a conspiracy about the editing, are you serious. So now when I change a grammar mistake, or make simple things read better, I'm trying to bait people. Anyway you might want to check want to learn about time, before making statements like that.
    Edit 1 Original post 20.48pm edit at 21.05pm the next post on thread by Anto 21.54pm
    Edit 2 Original post 22.38pm edit at 23.00pm the next post on thread by Anto 23.40pm
    So looking at the facts how did I change the post after the response, when it clearly can be seen I did it well before. I take it a apology would be out of the question?
    On your second point about Marc Denny Seminar. Yes it me that posted the seminar up on facebook, and its me that doing all the advertising. And I totally agree with Bambi if you waited till this weekend to make a decision to attend Marc Workshops, then my friend you weren't really interested in going, and just using the ideal you might be attending, as a way of trying to take a snipe at me. This was first time Marc has been to Ireland and hasn't be in UK since 2002. All the places for these workshops, have been sold out, and there was a waiting list, as a lot of people are interested in his work. Yesterday two students due to family and health problems couldn't make it, and there places were gone in 5 minutes. So tbh it's of no matter to me, wither you go or not, to this event or any other in the future I host, and if you wish to pay a lot more money to travel to another country, because of some grudge you have against me, then fair play and the best of luck. But it simply doesn't effect me, how could it?
    Mugs, simply put you have lost out on a situation to train with a great teacher. I put on event like these for very simple reason, I have always believe in trying to share the knowledge and my art form, and I try and make sure every year I bring over someone world class and share them with my students and the wider community if their interested. I'm not into hosting seminars to make money and when you look at the price €33 a night you get a minimum of 3 hours, with a world class teacher, you can see this is about passion for the art. I want my students to grow from experiencing teachers like Marc. Many of my students could never afford to fly off to meet him, so this is a golden opportunity to experience all that he has in a intimate environment on his 5 day trip. My door is always open to anyone who wants to train and is willing to treat others with respect. No one is turn away, if they follow that simple rule. No one is treated bad in any class or seminar, and anyone who attend is given the same equal access as anyone else. Anto has made a lot of claims I've done this I've done that, but his teacher has on two occasions phone me and ask about the possibilities to come back and return to train under me. For someone who has done all the things that Anto claims about me, its a strange request from his teacher. He has also apologies to me about Anto actions once on the phone and once in class (in front of witnesses). I was also one of the first people that his teacher contacted when some of his own students broke away and set up their own club. Very Ironic when you think the same was done to me the previous year by him. Each time despite all I listen and advise his what to do. So there are many things that go on, that people don't want to air on public forum. So I'm willing to have that cup of tea that was offered and discuss them, in a private format.
    Due to the nature of the week I cant give this any more time. So there no confusion in any way." I totally respect the work, knowledge and skill level of all the teachers who were at the exchange past weekend. I wish the exchange the very best with their development and promotion of the arts. Due to the reactions on this thread it will be far better for me, the arts and the exchange if I no longer comment on it, nor ask for our group to be part of it in any way in the future. We will continued to promote the arts, and all our events will be open to all, we can still share our common passion at some

I read your posts before you edited them, I know what you wrote!

You hijacked this thread to snipe at others that you clearly have a grudge against. Your behavior is infantile at best and down right nasty at worst!

Even when you write about being honourable you are still sniping and nasty, you are clearly very bitter over something. You really should try and let that go it is not healthy...

Good luck in any future projects..

I'm sure I will get to train with Marc Denny in the not so distant future : )

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Spideog Rua

FMA turf wars :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Dave Joyce wrote: »
    Here is a small clip of some photos of the FMA Exchange yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56SLv--GFg0&feature=youtu.be

Was an amazing day. Looking forward to the next one. An amazing positive buzz and atmosphere with everyone there. I need my next FMA Exchange Fix and SOON! :D

ONE WHO FLEW OVER THE CUCKOOS NEST- Great film but some serious sick individuals in it. Feel sorry for them locked away in a distorted reality. AH WELL leave him at it the "POOR ME" talk. I have training to get back to, keyboard fighting was never my style i ll leave that to the real Master.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭roro1neil0

ONE WHO FLEW OVER THE CUCKOOS NEST- Great film but some serious sick individuals in it. Feel sorry for them locked away in a distorted reality. AH WELL leave him at it the "POOR ME" talk. I have training to get back to, keyboard fighting was never my style i ll leave that to the real Master.:)

the degree of passive aggression, malice, lies and negativity in this short post is staggering.

Honestly think you should be banned from the forum for very thinly veiled personal abuse. If you made such defamatory and libellous comments about my mental health on this forum you would be receiving a letter from my solicitor. You are all talk about 'respect' when you're just another keyboard warrior yourself.

If you're an example of FMA I'm very glad I've stayed well away from it in the past.

the degree of passive aggression, malice, lies and negativity in this short post is staggering.
    Honestly think you should be banned from the forum for very thinly veiled personal abuse. If you made such defamatory and libellous comments about my mental health on this forum you would be receiving a letter from my solicitor. You are all talk about 'respect' when you're just another keyboard warrior yourself.
    If you're an example of FMA I'm very glad I've stayed well away from it in the past.
    Ok man i see were you coming from, i take your point, you dont know the history so i will not try and inform you. I wrongly allowed myself to be coaxed into a humerous reply. if you see that reply as solicitor material your going way overboard but your entitled to your opinion. I myself have mental health issues but its good to laugh it what makes us human. Why so serious siad the Joker... Here but your right this is silly and i will remove myself from all future disscussion around the claims being made as they are not related to the original post in anyway. As far as avoiding FMA thats your choice, arguments and politics exist within every martial art styles. This is just an example of one within FMA and it wasnt wanted on this post by me or anybody else who attended the exchange. Anyway dude i wont retract my humerous reply as i have no knowledge of anybodys mental state of health i was just being humurous as i found some replys very unrealistic and completely untrue.... lastly dont set your solicitor on me i will refrain from having a personality and not post anything else negative, I apoligise for offending you :-(

Anyway dude i wont retract my humerous reply as i have no knowledge of anybodys mental state of health i was just being humurous as i found some replys very unrealistic and completely untrue.... lastly dont set your solicitor on me i will refrain from having a personality and not post anything else negative, I apoligise for offending you :-(

Anto, it not in the least one bit humorous to come onto a Forum, and make wild claims, about another person mental state, and trying to make out they are taking medication. It's a slur on them personally and their professional status. You said you had no knowledge, but that didn't stop you making up and implying that I take medication on a public forum which is completely untrue statement and I will be looking into this matter today.

On a furthur note about the FMA Exchange. I spoke to Noel (the Founder and head admin) yesterday, and we discovered after talking, what the problem has been and its to do with problems with our facebook connections, (and it wasn't anything to do at all in any way with the wild claims you made) and now since, we are both aware of this problem, and have dealt with it, and sorting out this issue, we hope to work with Noel and the group in some way in the future. We have always fully supported the promotion and development of South East Asian Arts and the ideal and concepts behind the brotherhood of FMA is something which is good. We will encourage our members, to support and help in the future.

Even last night Anto in Walkinstown students of different FMA, MMA and Chinese arts all came together in a great evening of training and fun at Marc Denny seminar. No politics, No hassel, No problems. You turn this thread firstly into a issue which was to do with your club splitting away from our club and the way it was done (which I wont air on this public or other forum and will deal with in private next week) and then you decided to turn it into snide abuse of me with your last statement. Every time I keep hearing the same thing "ahh it just Anto you know what he like" but this time you have gone to far.

Anto, it not in the least one bit humorous to come onto a Forum, and make wild claims, about another person mental state, and trying to make out they are taking medication. It's a slur on them personally and their professional status. You said you had no knowledge, but that didn't stop you making up and implying that I take medication on a public forum which is completely untrue statement and I will be looking into this matter today.

On a furthur note about the FMA Exchange. I spoke to Noel (the Founder and head admin) yesterday, and we discovered after talking, what the problem has been and its to do with problems with our facebook connections, (and it wasn't anything to do at all in any way with the wild claims you made) and now since, we are both aware of this problem, and have dealt with it, and sorting out this issue, we hope to work with Noel and the group in some way in the future. We have always fully supported the promotion and development of South East Asian Arts and the ideal and concepts behind the brotherhood of FMA is something which is good. We will encourage our members, to support and help in the future.

Even last night Anto in Walkinstown students of different FMA, MMA and Chinese arts all came together in a great evening of training and fun at Marc Denny seminar. No politics, No hassel, No problems. You turn this thread firstly into a issue which was to do with your club splitting away from our club and the way it was done (which I wont air on this public or other forum and will deal with in private next week) and then you decided to turn it into snide abuse of me with your last statement. Every time I keep hearing the same thing "ahh it just Anto you know what he like" but this time you have gone to far.

Right Liam i ve given you to much of a chance to promote yourself in your positive light you so desperately seek. As for the claims about people apoligising for me, its only anto you know what he is like.Thats amuseing; i also have no time for boards anymore as it is like an episode of eastenders on here with you. I will remove myself from boards today.
    As far as looking into this further today....Do your worst, dont pretend to know me in any way or feel the need to get apoligises for me from other people which is very unlikely. I WENT TO FAR THIS TIME. You dont know me at all do you have no idea of what going to far is for me.
    I ll be around for a long time i live right beside you so i can talk to you at any minute, its up to you how far you wanna take it but you wont threaten me on a public forum. Talk soon after you look into it :-) you threatened the wrong man this time, so its you that has went to far, :-) have a nice day......
    I WOULD LIKE TO APOLIGISE TO THE FMA INSTRUCTORS FOR ALLOWING MYSELF TO BE DRAWN INTO CONFLICT WITH THIS MAN ON A THREAD CELEBRATING THE EVENT. I AM REMOVING MYSELF FROM BOARDS.IE AS I CANT JUST IGNORE THIS MANS ACCUSATIONS. LONG MAY THE FMA EXCHANGE BRING POSITIVE THINGS BETWEEN THE GROUPS IN IRELAND

FMA turf wars :rolleyes:

It's more of a silat turf war, spilling over Bosnian stylee into other areas :confused:

I apoligise that i aloud myself to get involved in everything that the FMA EXCHANGE doesnt tolerate like politics, personal disputes, negative comments and disrespect. I will remove myself from boards.ie tonight and not engage in anymore conflict online. IF i have embarrassed the FMA EXCHANGE i sincerly apoligise as it was never my attention. Anyway all i can do is learn from my mistakes and apoligise to the Men who make the FMA EXCHANGE possible. sorry guys peace out

• Advertisement

As far as looking into this further today....Do your worst, dont pretend to know me in any way or feel the need to get apoligises for me from other people which is very unlikely. I WENT TO FAR THIS TIME.
    I ll be around for a long time i live right beside you so i can talk to you at any minute, its up to you how far you wanna take it but you wont threaten me on a public forum. Talk soon after you look into it :-) you threatened the wrong man this time, so its you that has went to far, :-) have a nice day......

Lol what threat did I make, I said two things 1)" I will be looking into this matter today" which I will, you simply can't come onto a forum and make up false statements about another person taking medications for any physical or mental illness, either as a way to poke fun, or trying to cause harm to their profession. 2 " You have gone to far" and Anto you actually have, you are bringing up issues which had nothing to do with this thread, and are talking about subject which you simply don't have the full facts and due to the nature of what's happening this week training wise I will deal with in private
    next week when I have more time.

In return you post the following

"You dont know me at all do you have no idea of what going to far is for me."

"I ll be around for a long time i live right beside you so i can talk to you at any minute, its up to you how far you wanna take it"

"you threatened the wrong man this time"

So what exactly all this suppose to mean, it comes across very very nasty tbh are you implying because you know where I live I should be scare of you as I've no ideal how far you can go. Is this how you deal with things? Anto you're stepping onto some very shady grounds here.

Advertisement