Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

hypothetical match nick diaz (mma fighter) versus kenny egan (amateur boxer)

Options
  • 16-04-2012 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭

Just looking for people's opinions on how this match would fare over 10 rounds of professional boxing.

Nick diaz looks to have good boxing in mma but people complain about his lack of foot work. Would kenny egan destroy him or would the physicality and pace of pro boxing suit the mma fighter?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭UL_heart_throb

can't find much footage of nick diaz sparring or boxing competitively unfortuntely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭yore

Just looking for people's opinions on how this match would fare over 10 rounds of professional boxing.

Nick diaz looks to have good boxing in mma but people complain about his lack of foot work. Would kenny egan destroy him or would the physicality and pace of pro boxing suit the mma fighter?

Who would win a tennis match between them?

Edit: Sorry as it's a boxing forum, before anyone complains for that reason,

Who would win a boxing match between Anna Kournikova and Maria Sharapova.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭UL_heart_throb

Nick daiz would win the tennis match.

Maria Sharapova would beat anna.

If you don't have an opinion why answer?

I think nick diaz would get out boxed for a few rounds than smash him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Who would win in a boxing match, The Rock or Mark Walberg?

C'mon man.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

Seriously Egan would punch him all over the place-his foot work is non existent, slow hand speed and light punching power, his technique is also very poor

He grinds people down in Mma by walking them down, he would not walk down a slick counter puncher, in Mma I'm a Diaz fan and I'm not kennys biggest fan but this would be a 1 sided affair.

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

I thought Egans footwork was poor against Ward when he got beat last time if i remember correct. Doesn't have much heart left either so id give it to Diaz.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭boxer.fan

Egan wins this every time.

Egan wont get tagged as easily as the MMA guys & they would be wearing 10oz gloves. The pace of ten rounds of boxing would affect Diaz too.

Its just not comparing like with like.

Nick daiz would win the tennis match.

Maria Sharapova would beat anna.

If you don't have an opinion why answer?

I think nick diaz would get out boxed for a few rounds than smash him.

Apologies. I should not have given that response.
    I'll admit I know nothing about MMA or Nick Diaz. My basic impression of MMA is that the lads who are good at it are good at wrestling/ju-jitsu. The lads in Ireland that I know who tried it, and were ok at it by all accounts, were from a Judo background.

I just thought it was a completely un-arguable question.

My serious answer, generally, a decent amateur boxer vs a MMA fella in a boxing match, the boxer is going to win. A decent amateur boxer vs a MMA fella in a wrestling/MMA type match, the MMA fella wins.

Unless the MMA fella also has decent boxing pedigree or vica versa. Maybe Nick Diaz does. Apologies for my ignorance!

Syferus wrote: »
    Who would win in a boxing match, The Rock or Mark Walberg?

C'mon man.

My money is on O'Sullivan :p
    I'd be less worried about Walberg coming at me with a hurl in his hand than The Rock unarmed.

Advertisement