Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public Swimming Pools in Galway

Options
  • 16-04-2012 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

I'm looking for a pool that is open early in the morning and is available on a pay as you go (or even a monthly) basis rather than needing a year long membership.

I was looking at Leisureland but according to the opening hours it doesn't open until 8 which is a bit late. The Kingfisher in Renmore would be ideal, location wise, but not sure about non-members status there and it's not clear on their website.

Could anyone fill me in please or throw out a few suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭McTigs

Best thing to do is ring them.... they might do a pay as you go or monthly on the sly that they wouldn't want to advertise on their website. I reckon gym memberships are well down from the last few years so you'd have to think they'd be glad of the extra revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

It's not much help to you but Ocean Fitness in the Salthill Hotel don't offer a pool-only membership. I know this because a family member contacted them recently and didn't get anywhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

No most hotel's wont do non members pay as you go on swimming pool's it's something to do with insurance.

It's a pity really as your only are the Kingfisher or Leisureland, and as far as I know the Kingfisher wont let you in before 8 if your not a member.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Kingfisher in Renmore, opens to the public, weekday mornings from 7 to 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

Malice wrote: »
    It's not much help to you but Ocean Fitness in the Salthill Hotel don't offer a pool-only membership. I know this because a family member contacted them recently and didn't get anywhere.

No but they do do a pay monthly full membership that can be cancelled after the first 3 months or so, at least they did when I last checked with them. There was a sign-up fee as well though and the whole thing was a bit too expensive for me (I'm only interested in the pool as well) so I didn't go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20 sarahmeen22

Hi John,

The Public Hours for Kingfisher Renmore are
    Mon-Fri
    7-9am
    2-4pm
    8-10pm.

Sat
    9-10am
    1-4pm

Sun
    9-12 am
    2-4 am

The 7-9 am session during the week is the quietest and the sunday morning session from 9-12 am.
    The cost is €7:50 for adults and €6 for students.
    This includes the use of the sauna steamroom and jacuzzi hope this helps.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭daithimacgroin

bit of a ripoff

what are membership prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

€7 in Leisureland for drop in.
    http://www.leisureland.ie/swim_prices.html

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭daithimacgroin

compared to an average of about 4 euro on the continent

• Registered Users Posts: 25,796 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

compared to an average of about 4 euro on the continent

Prices are high in Ireland for lots of things -and so are wages.

Ireland was a poor country, with a limited record of public provision of things like swimming pools. Leisureland may be Council owned, making it the only "publc" swimming pool in the county, but I don't think it's highly subsidised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

We aren't on the continent. We're in Ireland, specifically Galway. Let's stick to local prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

biko wrote: »
    €7 in Leisureland for drop in.
    http://www.leisureland.ie/swim_prices.html

4.80 for the early morning session.

op don't know if its any good to you but there is a smaller 5ft 2 pool that open from 7am in Leisureland, main pool opens at 8 then.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hollysf

You can swim in the sea for free anytime you want

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

jd007 wrote: »
    4.80 for the early morning session.

op don't know if its any good to you but there is a smaller 5ft 2 pool that open from 7am in Leisureland, main pool opens at 8 then.

My bath is longer than that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

5' 2" DEEP Gordon. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,092 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

LOL. I had to think twice about that myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    5' 2" DEEP Gordon. :D
    LOL. I had to think twice about that myself.

I knew what they meant it was just the way they wrote it made me laugh so i had to post about my bath

Advertisement