Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Charter/Shore fishing in Dun laoghaire?

Options
  • 16-04-2012 12:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hey all am really keen on starting sea fishing again. Am originally from the west and have a house in clifden but dont have the time (or the driving licence!) to make that a regular viable option!
    Does anyone know of any good spots in the Dun Laoghaire area as well as any charter boats that might take out groups in the area as well.
    Any help would be much appreciated.

Peace and Love !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 morg

Hi,
    I've fished around the South Dublin coastline over the years and it hasn't produced much I'm afraid. You could try the very end of the west pier for whiting and some other species.I've seen decent cod taken from opposite Teddy's at high tide(beside derelict bathes)but that was years ago.

If you head towards Dalkey along the coast road you'll see a place renting out boats and that's probably you're best bet for catching something decent. Its walkable from DL so no car needed. There's some good rocks for casting off around Dalkey,but as with most fishing spots around Dublin they've been fished to death.

One place that is good during warm spring/summer evenings is that straight pier that starts at poolbeg waste water treatment plant,and finishes in the middle of Dublin Bay(Bull wall). I've seen Chinese lads packing up and walking home with shopping bags full of fish. Dunno if I'd eat whats swimming around in that water but heyho :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭mattcullen

The end of the west pier for mackerel and small polllock during the summer. Also bottom fishing with rag will get you flatfish. Dalkey Sound is popular for mackerel fishing in summer. Seems to be a bit too packed though. Also I've heard you can catch decent pollock fishing out from the east pier in Dun Laoghaire but never tried it so can't say for sure. You could try heading down to the Wicklow beaches in summer for Smoothound too. Check out the Sea Angling Ireland Forums for more info. Best of luck. You could also scout out some likely spots for Bass. You'll prob have to suss that out yerself though cause they're hard to come by and anglers don't generally give away their bass marks too easily

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭Holyboy

Pop into Dun Laoghaire angling on Patrick street and ask for Ed, he should be able to help you out with some info, I grew up there and used to fish all over the place, there is some great fishing to be had if you know how to fish the spots properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Polochlainn

Cheers for all the help guys going to buy me a new rod this weekend in Dun Laoghaire Angling and then the world is my lobster!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JMoney

Cheers for all the help guys going to buy me a new rod this weekend in Dun Laoghaire Angling and then the world is my lobster!

How did it work out for ya? Thinking about doing the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭Miamiheat

Lads I have a fishing group in Dublin. We fish most beaches and we have a few boat charters booked for the next few weeks.
    It is free to join.
    http://www.meetup.com/Fishing-enthusiasts-of-Dublin/
    cheers
    Stephane

Advertisement