Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another Grant question

Options
  • 16-04-2012 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭

Anybody know when the final payment is coming through? Its in the student portal as a secodn lodgement but with no date or figure, and i kind of need this to pay my rent? Has anyone got their final payment yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

They have a list of grant due dates somewhere. I know that not much help but its somewhere on SAAs site. I think that limericks grant is one of the last to go through. Did you not post about that somewhere here?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

There's a link at the bottom of this page that lets you download a spreadsheet showing the cheques that have arrived. Ones from Limerick arrived on Friday, so however long it'll take them to process the cheques now.

Mine went into my account on Friday, which was a nice surprise when I checked my balance yesterday. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭Chris Martin

Likewise,
    Request Receipt at AIB ATMs when I come by them,
    Usually at Ulster Bank ones which don't tell me,
    To see how poor I am...
    How my eyes lit up :')

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭LimerickLad92

Thanks so much guys, if they went in friday and they predict the 19th, thanks alot!!

and yay. 200th post!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Thanks so much guys, if they went in friday and they predict the 19th, thanks alot!!

and yay. 200th post!

Its so stupid giving them out now. they should have them given out before Easter when people actually need the money for rent and bills.

• Advertisement

garv123 wrote: »
    Its so stupid giving them out now. they should have them given out before Easter when people actually need the money for rent and bills.

Ill settle, i still need the money for rent and bills though I agree with you it should be earlier

Whats the renewal process like? (1st year here)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ill settle, i still need the money for rent and bills though I agree with you it should be earlier

Twill depend. If you were any way close to the thresholds I think you'll have to send in proof of income and stuff again. If you were well within the thresholds you'll simply get a get a letter saying "Have your circumstances changed in any of the following ways: X, Y, Z" and if they have you have to let them know. At least that's what happened for me anyway.

And I agree it's irritating not getting it until so late, but just be grateful you got the payments earlier in the year. In first year I received nothing until the end of April when suddenly there was €6,000 extra in my account one night. :pac:

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Twill depend. If you were any way close to the thresholds I think you'll have to send in proof of income and stuff again. If you were well within the thresholds you'll simply get a get a letter saying "Have your circumstances changed in any of the following ways: X, Y, Z" and if they have you have to let them know. At least that's what happened for me anyway.

And I agree it's irritating not getting it until so late, but just be grateful you got the payments earlier in the year. In first year I received nothing until the end of April when suddenly there was €6,000 extra in my account one night. :pac:

Well I say because the income has changed and im even more in the threshold then i was last years application! which hopefully means more money!

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

Does anyone have any idea when the 3rd installment from Limerick County council will be lodged?

Does anyone have any idea when the 3rd installment from Limerick County council will be lodged?

The link I posted in Post #3 is the only way to find out AFAIK. If it's not there I don't think anyone could do anything other than a wild guess tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

You can ring LCC and ask to speak to someone about the grants. WCC told me the end of the month :(

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Limerick Co Council 17-Apr 3rd 361 6 26-Apr

I hope that I am one of the 361. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭captainspeckle

Agent_99 wrote: »
    Limerick Co Council 17-Apr 3rd 361 6 26-Apr

I hope that I am one of the 361. :D
    Me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 38 DeclansKidney

In theory it should be dealt with quicker, but it isn't. Although I'm speaking from a Meath Co. Co. point of view and they are shocking.

Advertisement