Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In July Bangladesh has a probable tour to Ireland...

Options
  • 15-04-2012 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭

''In July Bangladesh has a probable tour to Ireland. Ireland cricket board are ready to host Bangladesh for a series and Bangladesh cricket board is also considering it as a good chance to prepare ahead of the Zimbabwe tour in August. Zimbabwe is pretty cold in August and playing in Ireland will help our cricketers to adapt to the cold and fast pitches.

Bangladesh is scheduled to play 5 ODIs and 1 Four day game in Ireland. All the ODIs will be ICC approved but the 4 day game will be unofficial.

Besides Bangladesh cricket team will play 1 ODI each with Scotland & Holland in Dublin and Belfast respectively.''

http://bangladeshcricketlive.com/future-possible-tours-of-bangladesh/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

sounds like a great thing for Irish cricket but there are a few worries.
    1. the chances of the counties releasing players for an unofficial 4 day game when there are 5 ODIs.
    2. if the result isn't close enough then people will point to it and say that it shows Ireland aren't ready for test cricket.
    3. Getting a decent turnout for the longer form to again prove a point, otherwise people will use it against us

• Registered Users Posts: 39,516 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

We'd also need to win at least 2 of the ODI's or it would affect our ODI ranking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Regarding turnout, the expat Bangladeshi community will see to that, I would hope anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

It seems this is now unlikely to happen as it stands. The talks are actually of two ODI'S, which is better then nothing. Also a likely possibility of turning them over in both games.

Sorry for reporting 5 games etc, I was told by a friend it was in the newspapers in Bangladesh. Also it was reported to come after the monthly meeting of the Bangladesh board...

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheDrog

what you originally posted was what I saw in other places as well, possibly on cricinfo. Shame to hear it's being lessened

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Not sure how many matches but Cricket Ireland has a few irons in the fire as practice for T20 finals.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I was actually quite excited when I first read it was 5 odis, that would have really given us a clue of where we stand, with just 2 it's hard to take much from it, especially since at least one of them will be weather affected ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Musajutt

i think this time Bangladesh have to win this series..
    All t20 matches won by Bangladesh InshAllah

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Tiernster7

Must admit its a bit of a worry the number of Irish players not playing first team county cricket at the minute. Porterfield , Niall O'Brien, Ed Joyce, and Gary Wilson have all struggled to get into their counties 40 over sides. I'm confident if three games get the weather that we can win one though. How have Bangladesh gone in Zimbabwe , aware Shakib didn't make that tour

Tiernster7 wrote: »
    Must admit its a bit of a worry the number of Irish players not playing first team county cricket at the minute. Porterfield , Niall O'Brien, Ed Joyce, and Gary Wilson have all struggled to get into their counties 40 over sides. I'm confident if three games get the weather that we can win one though. How have Bangladesh gone in Zimbabwe , aware Shakib didn't make that tour

Ed Joyce plays every format for Sussex apart from T20, he doesn't struggle to get into the CB40 side at all. He is regarded as their best batsman by a long way :)...

• Advertisement

Dropped for last 2 cb 40 games no? Rate Ed very highly don't worry!

Joyce played in the last two CB40 games for Sussex?, he wasn't in their T20 squad though. He never is unless it's an emergency...

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭gumbynation

Gaz wilson has been killing it in the t20 and in the 2nd XI. He would have walked back into the cb40 team on form after the t20.

Back on thread - 3 T20s on 18th, 20th and 21st in Belfast.

Looking good really hope the weather doesn't spoil it. A couple of our batsmen need a good couple of weeks

Looking good really hope the weather doesn't spoil it. A couple of our batsmen need a good couple of weeks
    Disappointing performance at least they have the rare opportunity to react with 2 more games scheduled. Deshi s look really determined. Difficult to know who to drop for George . At least 4 in danger one

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11 vutshuvo

Bamgladesh is rocking . they already won first T20. hopefully sakib ul hasan must be best player i this serious

Bangladesh on 123-6 after 18.1ovs in tonights game at Stormont

KevIRL wrote: »
    Bangladesh on 123-6 after 18.1ovs in tonights game at Stormont

Jaysis, Sorenson went to bits in the 19th over. After getting a wicket first ball he then went on to conceed 18 runs from the rest of the over (including 5 wides off one ball). Ireland conceeded a total of 35 runs in overs 18 and 19. Could be very costly Thankfully Trent steadied the ship at the end just giving up 5 runs in the last over to leave Bangladesh on 146-6 after 20 overs

• Advertisement

Ireland 31-1 after 4 overs.

50-2 now after 8 overs

79-2 after 12. Need to start kicking on now lads

79-2 after 12. Need to start kicking on now lads

Kicking on nicely 101-2 now after 14

Kicking on nicely 101-2 now after 14

Bit of a jinxing by me. Wilson out on 37 from 27 balls.

104-3 now after 15ovs

K O Brien with another short innings. Out for 5 run off 5.

Ireland now 122-4 after 16.5

128-4 after 18. The concession of 35 runs in 2 overs at the end of our bowling is making the difference here :(

10 needed off the last over...

Lost 2 wickets in the last over, only 2 runs scored in it, 1 ball left.

This one definitely goes down as one that got away

• Advertisement

Lost 2 wickets in the last over, only 2 runs scored in it, 1 ball left.

This one definitely goes down as one that got away

And Trent comes in to hit a 6 with the last ball, but all for nothing. 145-6 chasing 147.

Advertisement