Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FA Cup betting advice

Options
  • 15-04-2012 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Have 10 euro at 50/1 on Liverpool doing the cup double. Would anyone have advice on the following options

1. Betting on both Spurs AND Chelsea to win the cup. 12/5 currently (for next 40 mins)
    2. Wait for final and lay off then.
    3. Man up and just go for it... And get drunk win or lose

I realise most advice I will get (if any) will come after option 1 is no longer an option.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭robertowjr

Option 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

Definately Option 2, I don't see why you would have done Option 1, no advantage of it.

Chelsea are currently best price 7/10 to win the trophy (Boylesports), 300 on this gives 200 profit either outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭tvercetti

Have 10 euro at 50/1 on Liverpool doing the cup double. Would anyone have advice on the following options

1. Betting on both Spurs AND Chelsea to win the cup. 12/5 currently (for next 40 mins)
    2. Wait for final and lay off then.
    3. Man up and just go for it... And get drunk win or lose

I realise most advice I will get (if any) will come after option 1 is no longer an option.

Go for it!!! Will feel so much better if you win.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 BobLoblaw77

Thanks guys. After the antics of Chelsea fans yesterday, I don't think I could look at myself in the mirror if I benefited financially from watching them beat Liverpool. I'd rather go full (all) duck or no dinner...

Not sure what I was thinking about with option 1. I'm going to be on the beer anyway for the cup final so in the event it does go bad, I should get over it pretty quickly :)

Why not at least guarentee yourself profit, 100 on chelsea and you've got 60e profit no matter what the outcome, 400e profit if pool win. Don't give the bookies a chance to take your money, they want you to go for it, always lock in profit.

• Advertisement

You're talking complete sense on that, but I've temporarily lost the head as regards Chelsea. I just think they are the most horrendous club... That's being an absolute moron if I'm being honest. Will have to have a good think about it, because as you say, there's not point letting the bookie take my stake and I get nothing having bet on August 28th...

I am a pool fan so I'm rooting for the Liverpool win of course. BUT even though you've had some run out of your bet, it's still the outsider and no point in being greedy. Who did you do the bet with anyways out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Man up.

All or nothing! It's only ten quid, let it ride.

ft9 wrote: »
    Man up.

All or nothing! It's only ten quid, let it ride.

Why? The way I see it is he's currently down €10, best (most sensible) option he'd be up €200, that's €200 he could blow on coke and (poor quality) hookers to make him feel as manly as he likes:P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Bet 100 on Chelsea dude, guaranteed profit,,Chelsea are clear favourites anyway IMO

• Advertisement

yesno1234 wrote: »
    I am a pool fan so I'm rooting for the Liverpool win of course. BUT even though you've had some run out of your bet, it's still the outsider and no point in being greedy. Who did you do the bet with anyways out of interest?

Put the bet on with Paddy Power. Probably (almost certainly) would have got better odds elsewhere. Just fancied Liverpool without European football to play a strong team in both cups. Did I really think I'd get this far? Nah. I thought we'd win the league cup provided we didn't get Spurs, City or United away in any round. Thought I'd be able to lay off FA Cup bet. My logic was sound but should have had more on it to really carry through with that part.

Extremely happy that 10 euro has given me such entertainment.

TheStook wrote: »
    Bet 100 on Chelsea dude, guaranteed profit,,Chelsea are clear favourites anyway IMO

My hatred of Chelsea will probably ease as the cup final approaches. Im guessing that in the Irish market that more money will be backed on Liverpool which means that the odds may change in my favour...

The one fear I have from Chelsea is Drogba. It's the sort of game he'd bother to turn up for.

I'm at a stag in Newcastle that weekend so at least that will help with the pain if it goes belly up.

May bet enough to cover a ton bet that I have with a mate. Bet the season before Liverpool ran united all the way, that Liverpool would win a league title by end of this season or next ( can't remember which one. It's written down someplace tho). Thanks Hicks and Gillett, ye pack of flutes!

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Mack_Attack

I have a slightly similar issue to the OP. I stuck 25 quid on Chelsea to win the Champions League & FA Cup (bet placed on the day AVB got sacked) @ 100/1.

I have had a look around at the best prices for Liverpool/Bayern, Chelsea/Bayern, Liverpool/Chelsea. At the minute I can lock in a profit of 305.

Any other suggestions? What return could I get on Betfair (I have never used it).

Cheers

Advertisement