Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Album of the Week Discussion Thread

Options
  • 15-04-2012 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

I have created a voting thread for Album of the Week but I think there may need to be some discussion around it so here is a thread for that.
    One question I can think of straight away is whether we should keep the same format so that any albums that were previously voted as albums of the week may not be voted for. I'm thinking that there is plenty of music out there to discuss without having to tread old ground but what do the rest of you think?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I reckon it's fair that previous Albums of the Week should be excluded, at least for the time being. Maybe if it manages to get to 100 albums without too much strife we could wipe the slate and start anew?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

I think we should exclude previous winners.

As I said in the previous thread, a great off shoot of this is that there is gonna be a growing list of varied but fantastic albums that people can try out. I think that's a great thing for the forum. It introduces people to new bands instead of going over the same classic albums

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

Definitely keep the same format as before. It would be great to have a properly voted for list of top 100 metal/rock albums as decided by the users of this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

Holy Crap, I just checked oyt the previous winners list and there are some awesome albums there! Also there's a few I havn't heard so I must give them a listen also. This thread looks promising indeed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

Definitely exclude previous winners

@Malice, glad to finally see this thread resurrected :D. And as you can see from my vote this week, some of us have other interests beside Deicide :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Max Power1 wrote: »
    @Malice, glad to finally see this thread resurrected :D. And as you can see from my vote this week, some of us have other interests beside Deicide :P
    I was going to vote for Deicide this week just to get it out of the way. I guess I'll have to wait now :).

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

These threads are great...

The last albums of the week thread introduced me to Devin Townsend.

I am forever grateful :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

bigbadcon wrote: »
    These threads are great...

The last albums of the week thread introduced me to Devin Townsend.

I am forever grateful :D

Lol, must've been me and my constant championing of Synchestra/Accellerated Evolution for AoTW.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Malice wrote: »
    I was going to vote for Deicide this week just to get it out of the way. I guess I'll have to wait now :).

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :p

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭bigbadcon

Just listening to Death - The sound of perseverence that I discovered from the Album of the week thread also.

Not mad on the singer but the riffage is frickin awesome \m/ :D \m/

• Advertisement
Advertisement