Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

help with bird seed

Options
  • 15-04-2012 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi everyone,
    I'm living in Limerick and last summer I bought a few sacks of bird seed from the guy in the pet shop on Cecil St. Unfortunately he closed down and I can't find anywhere else that sells seed in bulk. I'm also looking for somewhere good to get nyjer seed as my garden has a lot of goldfinches and redpolls who love it. I'm now completely out of regular and nyjer seed and although I know I can get small bags of it that's too expensive in the long term so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a mill.
    Sinead

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭swifts need our help!

Most petshops will sell you a large bag of seed but it wont be cheap. Do you have a pet superstore near you?

Have you considered buying from Haiths in England? £15 deliver to the south
    http://www.haiths.com/customer-services/delivery-information/

I stopped feeding Nyger in winter 2010. It causes a terrible mess and quickly form a rotten mess. The birds didnt notice the change

I now feed sunflower hears only for all birds except sparrows. I choped the sunflower in a food chopper.

sparrows are fed groats and kibbled oats

Mark

Advertisement