Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plastic coating peeling - and way to fix / stop ?

Options
  • 15-04-2012 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

I have a Eura Mobil 515 sport and it has a plastic type covering over the wheel arches.

Over this plastic is a clear plastic coating over this but it's peeling back and flaking: Click Here for pic

Does anybody have any ideas of how to stop this ?

I was thinking of some sort of adhesive spray / coating that would stick where it was peeling, and ever re-coat where it had come off but I'm not sure if there is such a thing.

Any suggestions would be great !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭noel farrell

looks to me like its a coat of lacqer peeling you see it often on cars. not much you can do now that it has started. if it were mine i would sand it off with very fine sand paper and re coat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Seems like the bottom half is completely gone and the top half is peeling away and theres 1cm loose at the crack? If so peel the rest off and leave it at that (put a bit of back to black etc. onto it) if its plastic underneath it shouldnt deteriorate.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

looks to me like its a coat of lacqer peeling you see it often on cars. not much you can do now that it has started. if it were mine i would sand it off with very fine sand paper and re coat

Where would I get that type of lacquer ?
    Seems like the bottom half is completely gone and the top half is peeling away and theres 1cm loose at the crack
    It's the opposite actually - top is peeling and bottom is intact

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭noel farrell

most good motor factors that sell car paint . it will have to be sprayed..halfords used to have it in airasol cans for diy jobs...if you are near one of the good motor home dealers or car repair shop i would ask them to have a look ... make sure it is a paint and lacquer job

Advertisement