Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wedding Venue Dingle

Options
  • 14-04-2012 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, Dingle is a very important spot to me and my fiancé so we have decided here for our wedding venue. I'm studying in Cork and work part time so it's difficult to visit places and people seem reluctant to give prices online/phone so if like to know if anyone can recommend a house, don't want a hotel for a wedding ranging between 50-70 people and with realistically a €5-6000 budget including the frills. In saying that we want it as simple as possible, NO frills and not in anyway traditional!!
    Any help would be appreciated. P.s we've contacted Ballintaggart but have had no success with a price :(
    Thank you in advance !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

What about Smerwick Hotel? I considered a similar wedding myself but due to boyfriend's giant family it wasn't to be! Just drove past this place last week too. They do small weddings, I know you said you don't want a hotel but tbh there isn't a lot of choice back there what with it being pretty small, isolated and The Skellig and Ballintaggart catering to most weddings in the area. Places won't really give price details over the phone, if you pick up a brochure or ask for one to be sent to you you should get an idea of cost per head from that.

http://www.smerwickhotel.ie/weddings.html

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭rampantglory

Thanks I checked this place out already, very little info on their website, I'll just have to start calling places I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Think the cheapest the Skellig does is 40 pp. That includes an awful lot of the normal hidden extras ie. bar extension, champagne reception etc. Their good to deal with and flexible. The ball room is beautifull and has amazing views but is fairly big.
    Really spectacular setting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Balmed Out wrote: »
    Think the cheapest the Skellig does is 40 pp. That includes an awful lot of the normal hidden extras ie. bar extension, champagne reception etc. Their good to deal with and flexible. The ball room is beautifull and has amazing views but is fairly big.
    Really spectacular setting.

I checked out the Skellig online and tbh the decor looks like it hadn't been touched since I was there in the late 90's. It's pretty big for a small wedding though isn't it? OP mentioned not wanting anything traditional, the Skellig is kind of the epitome of traditional, but it does look out on the water....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

Thats true it does look a little dated but to be honest thats not the worst thing someone could say about a place, it is still clean and well mantained. Yeah the reception room is fairly big so I dont know how it would suit for a smaller wedding, they do the best (again complimentary) chair covers Ive seen and the entire length of the room has a really great view.

• Advertisement
Advertisement