Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple of questions from a noob

Options
  • 14-04-2012 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

Firstly, throat hit. We all love it, and for me at least it's an important part of e-cigs replacing the analogues. I always assumed throat hit was dependent on the level of tar when i smoked the old ciggies. Is it actually the level of nicotene?

Also, heartburn! I suffer from Functional Dyspepsia (basically a form of heartburn/stomach bloating that doesn't respond to antacids), and so far it's been the only negative to vaping for me. Does anyone else find vaping aggravates their heartburn? Are some flavours of liquid better than others when it comes to heartburn? Or nicotene levels maybe?

Great forum this, has helped me no end!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

As somebody who has been prone to "suffer" from heartburn over the years, I can say from my own personal experience that I have had not noticed any increase. In fact I would go as far as to say that my heart burn has decreased / disappeared since I started vaping. As to whether there is an actual link between the two, I cannot say.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

IMO menthol is the best liquid for throat hit after that the best thing to do is to get a variable voltage e-cig such as the Lavatube.

At 6 volts you will get lots and lots of throat hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

Tom123 wrote: »
    IMO menthol is the best liquid for throat hit after that the best thing to do is to get a variable voltage e-cig such as the Lavatube.

At 6 volts you will get lots and lots of throat hit.

As Tom says, it has a lot to do with voltage/heat, and higher nicotine has a certain bite to it at higher doses, but the downside to that is the higher dosage, which can make you feel as if you've downed a coffee fast.
    Go the voltage route.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

What battery and atomisers are you using at the moment?
    Are you getting juice in your mouth from your what your using?
    What juice are you using?
    What strength nicotine?
    Is it mainly PG based, mainly VG, 50/50?
    Are you drinking loads of water if it is PG based?
    How much juice are you going through a day?

All you have said is that you get heartburn but not give any info on what your using.
    Throathit can be determined in a number of ways but need to know what you have now.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=heartburn+from+vaping

Never got heartburn myself from vaping but am sure there be loads of threads in the above search about it.

Let us know anyway, it be helpful to others in future maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dublinscot

derra wrote: »
    What battery and atomisers are you using at the moment?
    Ego-C batteries and atomisers from the starter kit.
    Are you getting juice in your mouth from your what your using?
    Nope, no juice, thakfully!
    What juice are you using?
    What strength nicotine?
    B&H 18mg
    Is it mainly based, mainly VG, 50/50?
    It's PG based http://www.thevapourstore.ie/standard-e-cigarette-liquid/gold-and-silver-b-h-e-liquid/prod_86.html
    How much juice are you going through a day?
    A couple of refils of the tank.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

dublinscot wrote: »
    Ego-C batteries and atomisers from the starter kit.

Nope, no juice, thakfully!

B&H 18mg

It's PG based http://www.thevapourstore.ie/standard-e-cigarette-liquid/gold-and-silver-b-h-e-liquid/prod_86.html

A couple of refils of the tank.

Thanks for the replies everyone!

Definitely look it up so in the google search link in the previous post and see if a mostly PG based liquid is anything to do with it.

Might just be that particular juice, try a 50/50 based juice maybe or just sample a few juices from different vendors with a mixture of ratios.:confused:
    Think irishvapers have various ratios in their juices in the White Label juices they have.
    Really don't know tbh.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I get mini-hiccups from vaping sometimes, which in some people could come out as heartburn. Drinking lots of fluids while vaping helps prevent them, as does using higher VG liquids.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Gryzor

Definitely worth trying a pg\vg mix. Brother in law of mine, got very nauseous using pure pg, tried a pg\vg mix, and the problem went away..

Hopefully it'll be that easy for ya...

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭dublinscot

Lads, ye were right about trying the VG/PG mix. Got some 70/30 VG stuff delivered today, and it's much better on the throat and stomach! The RYE4 and Forrest Fruits tastes lovely too.

Thanks for all the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

You could also try pure VG based juice. I'm allergic to PG, so only use VG and find it fine.

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement
Advertisement