Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worried BTEA

Options
  • 14-04-2012 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi,I am 20 this yr and want to apply for BTEA, I have been reading different things and want to sure if I am eligible..
    I did my LC in 2010 and didn't go to college after that.. Tried hard looking for a job but no luck.. I also did a FAS course (Aug-Jan) and have been JSA since then..
    I had plans to go to college last yr but the welfare officer said I will not get BTEA, so I choose to do a FAS course..
    Social welfare office isn't really helpful either, last yr they said I would be eligible but then the answer was no..
    There's also that you have to be getting JSA for 312 days?? But citizens information is saying about 3 months??
    I applied for PLC and have been accepted, just waiting on the College confirmation letter..
    Believe me SW office are not helpful at all!!! Last yr having paid registration fees etc the office said I have only been out of school for a yr therefore I can't get BTEA..
    Sorry this was long but any kind of help is appreciated.. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,044 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Missdior12 wrote: »
    Hi,I am 20 this yr and want to apply for BTEA, I have been reading different things and want to sure if I am eligible..
    I did my LC in 2010 and didn't go to college after that.. Tried hard looking for a job but no luck.. I also did a FAS course (Aug-Jan) and have been JSA since then..
    I had plans to go to college last yr but the welfare officer said I will not get BTEA, so I choose to do a FAS course..
    Social welfare office isn't really helpful either, last yr they said I would be eligible but then the answer was no..
    There's also that you have to be getting JSA for 312 days?? But citizens information is saying about 3 months??
    I applied for PLC and have been accepted, just waiting on the College confirmation letter..
    Believe me SW office are not helpful at all!!! Last yr having paid registration fees etc the office said I have only been out of school for a yr therefore I can't get BTEA..
    Sorry this was long but any kind of help is appreciated.. Thanks
    Maybe speak to your local VEC adult education advisor

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement