Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pregnancy and baby fair.

Options
  • 14-04-2012 4:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭

hi all, just want to recommend this. went to this this morning. purple stayed at home with the twins. have to say was very impressed. entrance fee was only €10 and you can collect a goodie bag inside. i've been to quite a few of these kinds of fairs in the rds and this one was by far the best especially where the entrance fee is concerned.
    most of the major pram/buggy sellers were there. tony kealy's, baby biz,baby elegance and bella baby these were the ones i remembered. if your looking a for any sort of pram/buggy i'd highly recommend you go to this show. they're all under one roof. from what i saw there was no shortage of prams there, in fact i'd say most of whats available was on show.
    only fault i found was there was basically nothing in the way of baby foods on sale. maybe it's just a health and safety thing.
    people post alot in these thread and forums and it's for that reason i'm recommending this.
    ohhh lots of freebies to be had ;).
    posting this in the pregnancy forumn as well as i find people tend to stick with what they know or are dealing with.
    http://www.pregnancyandbabyfair.ie/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭TwoMums2Be

Murphys prams were also there :)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

I'm planning on going to this tomorrow but my morning sickness is still pretty bad so fingers crossed I manage to get there. What's in the goodie bag? If it's good it might motivate me more come tomorrow. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

Myself and the OH are going up tomorrow in Dublin. Looking forward to it :) Poor OH is going out tonight so I warned him not to drink too much as I don't want him unresponsive tomorrow :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

It is good to hear that it was good,though I have an issue with them charging anything for entry.
    We went before and it we were really disappointed.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭messynessie

I'm heading there tomorrow just wondering is the Simmonscourt car park open in the RDS?

• Advertisement

I'm heading there tomorrow just wondering is the Simmonscourt car park open in the RDS?

It was today :)

Moonbeam wrote: »
    It is good to hear that it was good,though I have an issue with them charging anything for entry.
    We went before and it we were really disappointed.

I agree esp considering that a stand at the show is far from cheap so they should have made their money that way. We had free tickets which made a difference as we didn't pay in & I was happy with my day out as we got a discount on the system we wanted rather than the standard maxi cosi + buggy system that's usually on offer! Without that it would have been very so so :)

Best advice I can give if looking at travel systems is to tell them what you want & ask if they can do you a price on it :) worked for us & we got a decent discount on the car seat, base & system we wanted...something we weren't being offered in shops!

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭notsobusy

It's on tomorrow aswell :)

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭TRISHKA

went yesterday and had a great day, loads of freebies, we went early and left after 3 so didnt find it too busy, got a great deal on our uppa baby system with Murphys prams, €550 for chasis, pram and buggy unit and a free €100 voucher to use in their store so was delighted with that, also got a large buggy clip at murphys for €5.99, we got a non contact thermomther and the vit d baby drops, had a great day, hope anyone that goes today has as nice a day and gets loads of freebies and a couple of bargains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭doubletrouble?

these guys will be in cork city hall next weekend. i will say this though. this will probably be your best chance to get that dream buggy. these guys will want sales and this will be your best chance to play them off one another to see who can give you the best deal under the one roof.B.T.W. i got two lovely christening shalls with the twins name on each. got both for €50 instead of €60.
    in fairs like these please dont be afraid to ask if you can get a better deal. in most cases you'll find you can save a few quid just by asking.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Made it along today and really enjoyed it. We didn't buy a huge amount as I'm only 11 weeks but we did pick up a few things, like a box of 4 breastfeeding motion bottles for €10, which I thought was a really good price. My mother in law was with us and she both us a swaddle blanket and an organic made baby's hospital bag with babygrow, vest, bib, bath towel, booties, cap and scratch mittens. The vest nearly made us both cry.

Also got lots of free stuff as we were there this afternoon and they were practically throwing extra bags at us as the fair was coming to an end. We got,
    x10 mini tubes of Bepanthen
    x4 packs of Dettol wipes
    x4 bottles of hand steriliser
    x4 persil washes and comfort sachets
    x4 packs of Natural Co sweets (and one very happy husband)
    x3 baby bath towels
    x2 Bepanthen bottles of baby wash (full size)
    x2 fleece squares with shiny ribbons for fussy babies to play with (my 30 year old brother may steal these if he sees them as he has loved rubbing shiny material since he was a baby)
    x2 mini sudocrem
    x2 baby sunscreen sachets
    x2 cloth shopping bags
    x2 mini boxes of raisins (?)
    x1 colic drops
    x1 pack of nappy bags
    x1 mini nappy rash spray
    x1 baby changing mat.

Not a bad swag, especially as I'd got the tickets free online. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

looking forward to this fair in Cork next weekend. Were there many places taking laser, or was it all cash?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Iggie

iguana wrote: »
    Made it along today and really enjoyed it. We didn't buy a huge amount as I'm only 11 weeks but we did pick up a few things, like a box of 4 breastfeeding motion bottles for €10, which I thought was a really good price. My mother in law was with us and she both us a swaddle blanket and an organic made baby's hospital bag with babygrow, vest, bib, bath towel, booties, cap and scratch mittens. The vest nearly made us both cry.

Also got lots of free stuff as we were there this afternoon and they were practically throwing extra bags at us as the fair was coming to an end. We got,
    x10 mini tubes of Bepanthen
    x4 packs of Dettol wipes
    x4 bottles of hand steriliser
    x4 persil washes and comfort sachets
    x4 packs of Natural Co sweets (and one very happy husband)
    x3 baby bath towels
    x2 Bepanthen bottles of baby wash (full size)
    x2 fleece squares with shiny ribbons for fussy babies to play with (my 30 year old brother may steal these if he sees them as he has loved rubbing shiny material since he was a baby)
    x2 mini sudocrem
    x2 baby sunscreen sachets
    x2 cloth shopping bags
    x2 mini boxes of raisins (?)
    x1 colic drops
    x1 pack of nappy bags
    x1 mini nappy rash spray
    x1 baby changing mat.

Not a bad swag, especially as I'd got the tickets free online. :)

Was wondering what the hell these things were

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

iguana wrote: »
    My mother in law was with us and she both us a swaddle blanket and an organic made baby's hospital bag with babygrow, vest, bib, bath towel, booties, cap and scratch mittens. The vest nearly made us both cry.

Haha! I picked up one of these sets too - was it 'My first Clothes'? - the stuff is gorgeous and a really good price for the set. I couldn't possibly have left it behind :D I saw that stuff before in Murphy's Pram Shop I think it was, and I think it might have been 50 euro ish ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Iggie wrote: »
    Was wondering what the hell these things were

They are called taggies. A lot of babies love them, you can also get similar ones with animal heads on them and a fleece body with tags etc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭messynessie

silly wrote: »
    looking forward to this fair in Cork next weekend. Were there many places taking laser, or was it all cash?

Ànything I bought I paid by card. Some stalls didn't have internet access but took details and processed the sale later in the day and emailed confirmation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭pushki

Where about in cork is city hall? Would Sunday be a better day to go?

pushki wrote: »
    Where about in cork is city hall? Would Sunday be a better day to go?

Its across the bridge at the end of South Mall. Facing the water..you cant miss it.

I have a feeling it wont have half the stuff that dublin had. Not fierce impressed with the list of exhibitors on their website.

Thanks silly, is it up near the patrick's street top near the river? I might have to Google south mall st.

Scan in 4 1/2 hours * bites nails* still undecided whether to have totally full bladder or just half full?

http://maps.google.com/?ll=51.897178,-8.463335&spn=0.01189,0.027423&hnear=Ballincollig,+County+Cork,+Ireland&t=m&z=15

Its right under where Hotel (clarion hotel) is written on that map.

south mall runs parallel to patricks street. So, if you are at the bus station side, you are on thr nearest side to the city hall..

Full bladder is better imo. I went with a full bladder and i got a great pic..

• Advertisement

Thank you so much silly you have been a great

help:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭lashofeye

Hi all
    So whats the best day to go to this fair ??The last day sound like they give a lot of freebies out !!!! Am looking to get a great discount of a buggy/pram !

Advertisement