Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 days in Sicily. Flying in/out or Palermo. Where best to go?

Options
  • 14-04-2012 3:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi, I am going to Sicily in the middle of may with a friend. We are 2 single girls in our 30s and will spend 10 days in Sicily. We fly in and out of Palermo. We would live to avoid hiring a car and are happy to take public transport. I've read posts re: Taormina, Erica, Syracrusa, Stromboli. I'm overwhelmed and can't figure out where to go! We are most interested in spending a few days on a sandy beach, a few days hiking/cycling. We are not overly interested in history. We would like to travel around, but not everyday. I would appreciate recommendations for places to go.
    Thank you.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭LiamMc

Train services are quite good in Sicily, for me after Palermo I went south to Syracusa, Catania and Mt. Etna before going up to Taormina. All those are enjoyable destinations
    But if I went again I would spend some time in the North and arounf the Val di Nota

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 rdoyle11

Thank you for your response. Since posting this thread, I've booked 5 nights in Lipari and 5 in Cefalu! So hopefully it will work out well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

How did you get on rdoyle? I've booked flights for 10 days in Sicily in September and trying to plan my trip!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 hala

where is sicily ?

• Registered Users Posts: 361 ✭✭litup

hala wrote: »
    where is sicily ?

It's an island off the south coast of Italy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 hala

litup wrote: »
    It's an island off the south coast of Italy.

thanks my dear

Advertisement