Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Randall The Mini Enamel Animal

Options
  • 14-04-2012 2:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭

Dogfish Head have released a smaller portable version of their 'organoleptic hop transducer module', Randall The Enamel Animal.

https://www.dogfish.com/other-accessories/randall-jr.htm

The idea is you pour your beer, put whatever kind of flavouring stuff you want in, leave it to infuse, then drink your newly-flavoured beer. I hadn't heard of Randall before I saw the mini one on Reddit earlier, seems the original one was something you attach onto taps and pull the beer through.

Cool idea? Novelty? I'd like a shot anyway...
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Saw this the other day, its interesting, saw a guy on youtube do something similar with a homebrew, some fresh hops and a french press.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

How long does infusion take? Could be the sort of thing one of the craft beer pubs could get in and then do tasting nights.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

irish_goat wrote: »
    How long does infusion take? Could be the sort of thing one of the craft beer pubs could get in and then do tasting nights.

They say leave it in the fridge for 10 minutes. That'd be quite cool actually.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

just use a french press... same thing...

Advertisement