Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can someone help me find the name of this irish tune

Options
  • 14-04-2012 2:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭

Hello all.

I have a recollection of this Irish music tune instrumental from the 70's or early 80's and I cannot for the life of me find the name of this. but don't laugh please but I had no other choice but to put a part of it together from an online music tool but i can only remember this tiny bit of it. if anyone can give me the name of this old irish instrumental music tune I would be grateful.

below on this video is all i can make out of this specific tune. now it could be tin whistle or flute of which this music is made from but not 100% sure. any help on finding the artist would be great. I cannot find it anywhere. after the end of this it goes to a higher pitch and down again to the below pitch.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Surely someone can figure out this music ? it's definitely from the early 80's i'm told but that is all i can get. come on folks give a man a hand. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭enno99

zenno wrote: »
    Surely someone can figure out this music ? it's definitely from the early 80's i'm told but that is all i can get. come on folks give a man a hand. :)

is this it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Not a lot to go on but those first 3 chords had me thinking it's the opening bars of '' The Red Rose Cafe '' ?

enno99 wrote: »

You bloody beaut you...thats it. thats the one and i was trying to find it for a full day. thank you very much my friend excellent ;)

Latchy wrote: »
    Not a lot to go on but those first 3 chords had me thinking it's the opening bars of '' The Red Rose Cafe '' ?

thanks my friend for your reply but i have it now. all the best...;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement