Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weight plate

Options
  • 14-04-2012 8:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Brought my camper in for the DOE a couple of week back was failed on a couple of small items but the main problem was my secondary weight plate. It’s a coach built burstner and although there is a secondary weight plate there was no weight stamped on it. I mailed burstner with the camper details and hoped for the best, my only other option was to get a vehicle engineer to certify it after some testing I assume (and a ball of money).
    To my amazement got a call from burstner UK yesterday (13 working days) to say my new weight plate had arrived from Germany and was being sent on via air mail immediately. With all due respect not many of our Irish companies would hold records of a 15 year old vehicle and respond with such efficiency.
    As our banking system is currently finding out you can’t beat the Germans :D

Advertisement