Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dire need of help!!

Options
  • 14-04-2012 4:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hey, I am a 1st year student doing civil. I was going over some mechanics questions yesterday I just can't grasp the concept of this section... I know it's most likely nooby question but I just can't figure out where to start... :confused:
    NxrFV.jpg

I have a fairly ok grasp with the subject on a whole but I must have missed the week this topic was covered :(
    Thanks in advance,
    Starting to Stress!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

Mechanics must be a new 1st year subject. Firstly the span it's refering to looks to be 2.4m not 5m as stated in the question

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 EverlongWheels

Was asking around and nobody seems to know but (from guesses) apparently I'd have to use the formula (W)(L^2)/e but where/how is beyond me :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 EverlongWheels

Carazy wrote: »
    Firstly the span it's refering to looks to be 2.4m not 5m as stated in the question

Yep that just confuses the question further - I think it's a misprint :|

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Obair979

Maybe the online student services and pay someone to do this past exam question for you so that you can be preparing for the other past questions. Be careful which one you hire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Wingawongawoo

Obair979 wrote: »
    Maybe the online student services and pay someone to do this past exam question for you so that you can be preparing for the other past questions. Be careful which one you hire.

Student services have people you can hire to do questions for you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

Student services have people you can hire to do questions for you?
    Ya, since when. I've never heard of this

Advertisement