Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canadian visa iec medical!

Options
  • 13-04-2012 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Ive nearly all my documents ready to apply for a years work visa for Canada, is it essential I do a medical to include with me application or must I have it done entering Canada?? any info greatly appreciated!! I'll hopefully be working with special needs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9 coolikerane

same as that everything almost ready but not too sure if i must do a medical for the IEC? can someone answere this please?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 teresajer

i arranged a medical app went to do it and now i found our i must get stuff from the iec forms etc anybody know forms these are

• Registered Users Posts: 34 SineadV

There is a list of occupations and some info about whether you need a medical on the medical pdf they provide as part of the application.

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/assets/pdfs/iec-eic/Medical_Declaration_Form_eng.pdf

teresajer wrote: »
    Ive nearly all my documents ready to apply for a years work visa for Canada, is it essential I do a medical to include with me application or must I have it done entering Canada?? any info greatly appreciated!! I'll hopefully be working with special needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 coolikerane

so u have to do a medical even if ur from ireland?????

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭illegalmidget

you only have to complete the medical declaration which you just tick no then sign your name.. its on the website.. u only need a medical if you one of the specified occupations on their website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭annor99

Hi
    I've just received my year visa from Canada. I ticked to do a medical (because of my job). Can anyone tell me what I need to do next. Do I need to organise the medical myself now with a doctor or will someone contact me about the medical??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1 LeeMcG

im applying now without a medical, but i dont know where i will end up wanting to work either, if i choose to will i be able to update my visa in canada with a medical if i choose to do a medical type job??

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Kel81

annor99 wrote: »
    Hi
    I've just received my year visa from Canada. I ticked to do a medical (because of my job). Can anyone tell me what I need to do next. Do I need to organise the medical myself now with a doctor or will someone contact me about the medical??

Thanks
    I think you have to do a medical before you get granted your visa. However I am not 100% sure on that. I have tried everywhere searching for some information on it but I can't find anything. Most people had got the payment excepted and two days later recieved an email asking them if they needed a medical. However some people didn't get an email at all. Im in a similar situation in that I need a medical, I've had my second phase email but no medical email. My friend is in the exact same situation. Please post back here if you find out the answer.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭annor99

Well, I just got my visa this week from the High Commission of Canada and I didn't do my medical yet. I ticked the form saying I needed to do one so you don't do the medical before you get the visa. I'm unsure now as what to do next....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

Kel81 wrote: »
    I think you have to do a medical before you get granted your visa. However I am not 100% sure on that. I have tried everywhere searching for some information on it but I can't find anything. Most people had got the payment excepted and two days later recieved an email asking them if they needed a medical. However some people didn't get an email at all. Im in a similar situation in that I need a medical, I've had my second phase email but no medical email. My friend is in the exact same situation. Please post back here if you find out the answer.

Thanks

you only need a medical if you're going to work with kids, sick people or elderly people if i remember correctly

• Advertisement

Helix wrote: »
    Kel81 wrote: »

Thanks

you only need a medical if you're going to work with kids, sick people or elderly people if i remember correctly

Hey
    you'reright, you do only need it for those positions. The job that I have lined up is working with children in day care so I will need a medical. I too ticked the box to say I needed one. Just seems weird some people reporting having an email a few days after second phase confirmation and some people not getting one. Hopefully you can do the medical after you have the loi.

annor99 wrote: »
    Well, I just got my visa this week from the High Commission of Canada and I didn't do my medical yet. I ticked the form saying I needed to do one so you don't do the medical before you get the visa. I'm unsure now as what to do next....
    Hi just a quick question. Was the email you supplied a hotmail account! I ask because apparently some people have had trouble receiving emails from the cic who have an hotmail account! I have one So i wonder if this explains why I haven't recieved an email regarding a medical!

Advertisement