Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Printed Circuit Board Manufacturer In Ireland?

Options
  • 13-04-2012 7:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi there- I am thinking about downloading some plans for a home-made capacitance discharge welder {Fet driven}. The guy who made the plans has no immediate intention to order more boards but he says that the Gerber files can be sent to a PCB manufacturer who will make the boards for me.

Do we have a well known, reputable PCB manufacturer in Ireland?? If so, Anybody got any idea how much they charge or how good their work is??

The files can be downloaded here, https://secure.digitalcontentcenter.com/shop/569822/products/

I don't own the files or make any profit from them, I am just throwing them up there so people can see whats involved.

Here is what the inventor/developer told me earlier today:

"I sold the bare boards and you had to buy, install and solder all the components on the boards yourself. The plans contain Gerber files which are used to manufacture the bare printed circuit boards. You can send the Gerber files to a PCB manufacturer to make the bare boards for you.
    These welders are very expensive to buy and the only way to make it affordable is to build it yourself, labor is very expensive."

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Very few people making PCBs here these days, most are sourcing in the far easy.

Try custompcb.com your looking at €180 for a run of boards, which isn't a bad price. But you'd want to be making more than one of the machines...

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Electronicus Digitalis

Very few people making PCBs here these days, most are sourcing in the far easy.

Try custompcb.com your looking at €180 for a run of boards, which isn't a bad price. But you'd want to be making more than one of the machines...

Hi, thanks for that, that might be worth a look in due course- and you are right- i would have to be making a few of them for it to be worth it, but thats OK, these welders cost thousands, like €6000 Euro, so even if it costs me €500 to get it made I am still winning.

"the far easy" lol was that intentional?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

These guys are cheaper. There was also another thread about PCB's recently for reference.

Do you have a schematic of the design?

Most designs seem to just use a thyristor to discharge the cap, then a power supply to recharge it.

I wouldnt mind building one, could be handy for spot welding...

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭robfitz

Do we have a well known, reputable PCB manufacturer in Ireland??

PCB-Pool are based in Ireland though I haven't used them. I've used PCB Train in the UK for a number of different PCB orders.
    If so, Anybody got any idea how much they charge or how good their work is??

PCB-Pool about €90, PCB Train about €75. Both have cheaper prototype services (no soldermask, silk screen).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭DAC

There isn't any PCB manufacturer in Ireland - PCB-Pool (Beta Layout) carry out CAM work here but manufacture in Germany. I'd also reccomend Ship Co in Macroom they've been using good quality Chinese Manufacturers for over 10 Years. You might need a heavy copper PCB (70um + copper weight) on this design - Beta Layout have as default 35um
    The Bare PCB is just the start for this do you have a Bill of Materials as well - PCB-Pool will produce an assemebled unit if you submit a BOM Ship may also provide this service.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Electronicus Digitalis

Do you have a schematic of the design?

Most designs seem to just use a thyristor to discharge the cap, then a power supply to recharge it.

I wouldnt mind building one, could be handy for spot welding...

I have to pay for the schematic, but I am not going to do that until I have checked out the costs and logistics of printing them off.

The welder I currently have is Thyristor-driven, but these new welders are using Mosfets to get the job done. Far more tune-able than the others.

I have to pay for the schematic, but I am not going to do that until I have checked out the costs and logistics of printing them off.

The welder I currently have is Thyristor-driven, but these new welders are using Mosfets to get the job done. Far more tune-able than the others.

I wouldn't go paying for them plans, there's another site with free plans on it that look quite good:-
    http://ultrakeet.com.au/index.php?id=article&name=cdWelder

To be honest the dsPic that he's using is over kill, for what its doing....

This might be a bit simpler:-
    http://www.pittnerovi.com/jiri/hobby/electronics/welder/index.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

http://batchpcb.com might be another option - pretty cheap but US-based, so shipping might be expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jeralpcah

You can purchase from a quantity of just 1 from a company in shannon Ireland, called Beta Ireland, whom manufacture prototype PCBs, at discounted prices, by pooling together on one large production panel, designs from different customers.
    Tel: 061 701170

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Co. Clare Man

You could try Abrel out in Raheen, Co. Limerick.

Advertisement