Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Atrocious Customer Service

Options
  • 13-04-2012 3:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I moved into a new house in Feb 2012. Only renting. I rang Eircom to setup a broadband line when I was informed of an existing account tying the line up, and I was to contact the account holder to cancel the line. I then asked the landlord/agent to do so but the girl is not contactable.

I got back onto eircom and explained my situation when they told me to fax in a copy of my rental lease agreement, they would use that to cancel the line. I proceeded to send the fax copy to the number and rang up the following evening to check up. "the fax was not recieved" i was told by a different agent to send it to her personally. I repeated the faxing step and rang her back. She said she would ring me the following day at 11am to confirm the request for cancellation. 5pm the next day I ring her. "It has been requested" "will go through wednesday, I'll contact you then about setting up your own account". No sign, So I ring on thursday another agent tells me the line is occupied (not cancelled) and speaks to the girl who put the request through. She claims she couldnt open my email so the request never went through (funny because I never sent emails only fax) The new agent puts a request in after I email him the lease agreement and I phone at a later date to confirm - he also claims he couldnt open the email

Yet another agent makes me email her the lease for a cancellation and the same story all over again. It has been 2 months and I cant get this sorted. I rang this morning to try get it finished once and for all but I'm being unreasonable for wanting a 10 month contract.
    I'll be moving away at the end of my year lease next year and dont want to pay 2 months of a service I wont be using but eircom refuse to work with me. I would have signed a 12 month contract when I moved in first but Eircom are fully at fault here I believe. Spent 45 mins on the phone trying to file a complaint against those i was dealing with ( 3 of the 5 agents I have the names and numbers/emails for) but I've been told I'll have to wait 10 days for a manager to return my call (I've heard that before) which I'll probably never get and even if I do I'll have to wait a further 3 days for cancelation and another 10 days for a tech to come set up the new fibre optics.

This has gotten way out of hand and I'm am appauled over the treatment. Couldnt recommend anybody go to Eircom for service but the hold a monopoly over the irish landlines and I cant get any other service in Wexford without going through Eircom.

Sorry for the wall of text but I appreciate anyone who read it and would love to hear from the Eircom rep on this site as to anything I can do to get this solved asap.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Now you know why renters pay deposits. Strictly speaking the line is still in contract...and not with you .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DarkHorse602

It's disgraceful that I'm suffering for someone elses issues though. I mean realistically whatever gripe eircom have with the previous tenant they should still close the line concidering they would have had a customer in me. They really dropped the ball!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

This is hard one. If yer wan has plain disappeared and if eircom have a policy of being 'understanding' to late biill payers then they won't have 'terminated' her yet.

Perhaps eircom could allow existing customers ...KNOWN to be renting and in good standing with eircom and who are moving house....... to confirm they can provide a timely service at a stated new address before a move.

If they say they cannot then find somewhere else to move to.

But if there is a contract on a line there is a contract on a line. If you somehow managed to terminate my line ...however inadvertently...I'd be very cross with eircom wouldn't I ?? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wexfordian

Dark Horse, where exactly are you in Wexford? There are other BB options, albeit not many. PM me if you don't want to put it on the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 DarkHorse602

I understand you would be mad but I've given them written/signed and stamped confirmation that I'm now at that address. What more could I do?

Also Wexfordian I'm in wexford town

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

I moved into a new house in Feb 2012. Only renting. I rang Eircom to setup a broadband line when I was informed of an existing account tying the line up, and I was to contact the account holder to cancel the line. I then asked the landlord/agent to do so but the girl is not contactable.

I got back onto eircom and explained my situation when they told me to fax in a copy of my rental lease agreement, they would use that to cancel the line. I proceeded to send the fax copy to the number and rang up the following evening to check up. "the fax was not recieved" i was told by a different agent to send it to her personally. I repeated the faxing step and rang her back. She said she would ring me the following day at 11am to confirm the request for cancellation. 5pm the next day I ring her. "It has been requested" "will go through wednesday, I'll contact you then about setting up your own account". No sign, So I ring on thursday another agent tells me the line is occupied (not cancelled) and speaks to the girl who put the request through. She claims she couldnt open my email so the request never went through (funny because I never sent emails only fax) The new agent puts a request in after I email him the lease agreement and I phone at a later date to confirm - he also claims he couldnt open the email

Yet another agent makes me email her the lease for a cancellation and the same story all over again. It has been 2 months and I cant get this sorted. I rang this morning to try get it finished once and for all but I'm being unreasonable for wanting a 10 month contract.
    I'll be moving away at the end of my year lease next year and dont want to pay 2 months of a service I wont be using but eircom refuse to work with me. I would have signed a 12 month contract when I moved in first but Eircom are fully at fault here I believe. Spent 45 mins on the phone trying to file a complaint against those i was dealing with ( 3 of the 5 agents I have the names and numbers/emails for) but I've been told I'll have to wait 10 days for a manager to return my call (I've heard that before) which I'll probably never get and even if I do I'll have to wait a further 3 days for cancelation and another 10 days for a tech to come set up the new fibre optics.

This has gotten way out of hand and I'm am appauled over the treatment. Couldnt recommend anybody go to Eircom for service but the hold a monopoly over the irish landlines and I cant get any other service in Wexford without going through Eircom.

Sorry for the wall of text but I appreciate anyone who read it and would love to hear from the Eircom rep on this site as to anything I can do to get this solved asap.

Hi DarkHorse602,

Can you PM me with:

- Your name.

- The address in question.

- Name of previous occupant.

- Name of agent & fax number you sent your confirmation of tenancy agreement to eircom please.

I can check to see where in the process the issue is at.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement