Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Judo grading tomorrow, 14th April..

Options
  • 13-04-2012 2:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone from the forum going?.

I'll be there in attendance but not fighting, so best of luck to those going for their blue, brown and points for their dan grades.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 455 ✭✭Jonah42

Bit off topic, but why do you have to fight for points towards your next belt? I'm just a white belt at the moment. At what rank does this start?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭KathleenMcCabe

best of luck to all grading :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭Raging_Ninja

Jonah42 wrote: »
    Bit off topic, but why do you have to fight for points towards your next belt? I'm just a white belt at the moment. At what rank does this start?

As I understand it:

For green belt you just have to do one fight (not necessary to win).

For blue belt you need to win 2 fights out of 4.

For brown belt you need to win 2 fights out of 4.

For 1st Dan you need to either win 5 fights in a row out of 7 in a single day, or else you have to gain a certain number of points in competitions in a year.

All this is in addition to the kata and terminology you need to know.

The reason for fighting I assume is to show that you actually have the skills to deserve the grade - that its not just for turning up to training x-number of times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Just home, and despite some financial constraints keeping people off the mats and out of training there was an excellent turnout, particularly for the black belt category.

The Garda Judo Club done particularly well by adding two new black belts to their rank & file.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭underachieved

got my blue belt, delighted!!!! Thanks to the organisers, refs, other competitors. Well run competition, great day out!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement