Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iarnród Éireann Land

Options
  • 13-04-2012 12:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭

Just wondering who I would contact about lad that is behind my house belonging to C.I.E.

Currently The boundary wall at the rear of my property backs onto wasteland that is a few feet higher up than my back yard.

This causes a terrible green fungus to form on the back wall and it looks terrible.
    Needs a to be power washed every few weeks and it keeps coming back , the wall is always very damp too.

The same wall also forms part of the rear of my shed which is damp as well .

I would like to find out who i could write to to see about getting the land lowered somehow. (If it can even be done)

Didn't know where else to post this...cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭dowlingm

Maybe your local councillor first? I'm not a legal beagle but maybe if the problem is poor drainage the council could oblige them to do something about it.

You got planning permission to build against that boundary wall right? If you agitate here they might come back at you to remove it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Pop down to the local station master at Athlone and have a chat with him initially. He can raise it with with the relevant section as required. Mind you, as MD says they might be ticked off with you encroaching if they own the wall but see what they say locally first. Otherwise, invest in a Karchnerr :)

• Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Group Property who are in Connolly Station car park.

Group Property Manager, C I É Group Property, Oriel Street, Dublin 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭dmcronin

Currently they're doing a share of digging/improving drainage ditches in a number of places, if they're planning come to your area you may be in luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

Just on a side note in relation to fly tipping on the railway embankment do you report it to the Local Council or Irish Rail?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 78,299 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Irish Rail first, then if nothing is done, the council litter warden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

gone
    dowlingm wrote: »
    Maybe your local councillor first? I'm not a legal beagle but maybe if the problem is poor drainage the council could oblige them to do something about it.

You got planning permission to build against that boundary wall right? If you agitate here they might come back at you to remove it.

Houses were built 60 or 70 years ago , Athlone midland is right behind me and the land is where there was old sidings now long gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

Iarnród Éireann Land ?

Damn, I thought it was a new theme park!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

corktina wrote: »
    Iarnród Éireann Land ?

Damn, I thought it was a new theme park!

Yeah you get a spin in a 121for a fiver

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

Am I missing something? Do you have to actually go onto their land to powerhose your wall? I thought trespassing on their land was a massive no-no!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

newmug wrote: »
    Am I missing something? Do you have to actually go onto their land to powerhose your wall? I thought trespassing on their land was a massive no-no!
    Sounds more like the dampness caused by their embankment up against the wall is causing the damp and is possibly damaging and weakening a retaining wall? i would keep children away from the wall just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,039 ✭✭✭Hilly Bill

newmug wrote: »

It may be that its on the garden side .

OP,I'd take a few pics and send them in with your complaint.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Just on a side note in relation to fly tipping on the railway embankment do you report it to the Local Council or Irish Rail?
    You could do a bit of both.

I believe council inspectors would ofyen look through rubbish to find identities of the culprits or if its a regular spot will fit hidden CCTV in the area to catch them on the act.

The "no mans land" between the tracks and Metals from Sandycove Dart Station to Barbhill Road Dalkey is a haven for wildlife, foxes rats etc. .

Advertisement