Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower Drama!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Burnbaby76

Sorry - the model number is SV685.

Also the system in the house is a normal one.

I've no idea how to check the water pressure - but i've never had a complaint with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭electro-shocks

There's no reason why you cant have a second electric shower installed. You wouldn't be able to run both of them at the same time tho. As it would overload the circuit as they draw a lot of current.

You can have an interlock installed which allows only one shower to be in use at any one time.

Nah I live with people who work similar hours so shower would be going at similar times. Therefore non electric is the way forward.

There's no reason why you cant have a second electric shower installed. You wouldn't be able to run both of them at the same time tho. As it would overload the circuit as they draw a lot of current.

You can have an interlock installed which allows only one shower to be in use at any one time.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭irelandspurs

I have 2 questions about that...

1) would that suit the shower I'm buying (as per previous post)

2) Can they be retro fitted?

• Advertisement

Burnbaby76 wrote: »
    I have 2 questions about that...

1) would that suit the shower I'm buying (as per previous post)

2) Can they be retro fitted?

You won't need to buy a new shower with the pump as it will increase the pressure of existing one.

I need a new shower - the old one is concealed in the wall and far far far too low - think there was a little person living here before me!

Am currently in a bidding war for a Salamander RSP50 twin shower pump.

Do they attach to the hot tank in the press or the thing in the attic???

This might be better put into the plumbing section,will get better answers there.

Burnbaby76 wrote: »
    I need a new shower - the old one is concealed in the wall and far far far too low - think there was a little person living here before me!

Am currently in a bidding war for a Salamander RSP50 twin shower pump.

Do they attach to the hot tank in the press or the thing in the attic???

Also are you bidding for a new one as i was told not to buy secondhand as it could be faulty.The pumps are fitted behind the shower under the taps

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

These showers usually require a min of 2 bar to operate. Meaning you will need a 3 bar pump. A 3 bar pump in a normal domestic situation will require a min of 42 x 18 cylinder. Chances are your cylinder at the moment is a 30" or 36"

Put in simple terms add an extra 2k to the shower price in the picture.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 as1435

Hi,

I have just had solar system installed with new 220 hot water cylinder. I want to change my ensuite electric Triton shower to a shower that feeds off the hot water cylinder. Currently there is no hot water feed to my ensuite shower. My cold water tank is in the attic. I need a shower that has a cold and hot water feed but don't know what shower to go for. Also is the best way to bring the hot water feed to the ensuite shower is down from th attic.

Any advice I would appreciate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,950 ✭✭✭dodzy

as1435 wrote: »
    Hi,

I have just had solar system installed with new 220 hot water cylinder. I want to change my ensuite electric Triton shower to a shower that feeds off the hot water cylinder. Currently there is no hot water feed to my ensuite shower. My cold water tank is in the attic. I need a shower that has a cold and hot water feed but don't know what shower to go for. Also is the best way to bring the hot water feed to the ensuite shower is down from th attic.
    Any advice I would appreciate.
    You are looking at either a mixer shower or a power shower. The latter is electrically powered ( but uses nothing like a typical triton would as it is not required to heat the water as this work is done in the hot water cylinder ). It is a good system for a low pressure situation. Supplied with a hot feed from the cylinder and a cold feed from the storage tank.

The former is a similar system but without the need for a pump or any electrical supply. Same principle in that it is fed with a cold supply from the storage tank and a hot supply from the cylinder. Typically will deliver less flow / pressure.

Eitherway, you will need to route a hot water supply from your cylinder to your shower enclosure. The clod supply is already in place. This is less of an issue if your room ( hotpress ) that contains the H/W cylinder is in close proximity to the shower.

Here is a link to assist you

http://www.tritonshowers.ie/triton-for-the-homeowner/triton-products/help-me-choose.aspx

Advertisement