Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transcript for erasmus

Options
  • 12-04-2012 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭

Does anybody know if it is nessecary to get the transcript from SAA to send away to the host institution for erasmus or would a printoff from student records suffice?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 747 ✭✭✭Aragneer

I'm not sure myself but I wanted to ask a question about erasmus.

When are you going on Erasmus?
    I'm not going till just before 2014 but I have co-op and everything first so I don't know how you sort it out!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Aragneer wrote: »
    I'm not sure myself but I wanted to ask a question about erasmus.

When are you going on Erasmus?
    I'm not going till just before 2014 but I have co-op and everything first so I don't know how you sort it out!

Going in September...

Basically in 2nd year there will be a talk/seminar thingy on it...you get a list of places to pick from and you give your preferences. Once the deadline passes for that you find out which college you've been nominated to go to. Then the fun starts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Does anybody know if it is nessecary to get the transcript from SAA to send away to the host institution for erasmus or would a printoff from student records suffice?

Don't take this as gospel or anything but why would you need to send transcripts?
    Do you have an erasmus coordinator yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Cossax wrote: »
    Don't take this as gospel or anything but why would you need to send transcripts?
    Do you have an erasmus coordinator yet?

Because the host university asks for it on the application.

Yes, of course..she is on leave however

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Because the host university asks for it on the application.

Yes, of course..she is on leave however

I would have assumed UL would deal with most of the administrative side of things, silly me.

Sounds like you'd need to head into SAA and pay a tenner for a stamped copy but it may be worth telling them why you need it at the counter as they may be tell you your own print out of it may do.
    I know Yank universities have a fairly serious proof (stamped transcript inside a sealed and stamped envelope inside another sealed envelope) standard but I'd have thought Erasmus unis would be a little more relaxed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭toodleytoo

In my experience anyway, I needed the official transcript that cost a tenner from the saa. They'll print it off no bother.

Advertisement