Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Almost the same writing handed for two subjects?

Options
  • 12-04-2012 7:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hi, I couldn't find the answer and I'm not sure about it so decided to ask here :) I have handed in business assignment 3 weeks ago, I have another one to do next week - marketing. They are both almost the same, only a few things need to be changed for marketing. Is it fine if I submit my business one only slightly changed? I mean that's all my work and I think they shouldn't have problems with that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Hi, I couldn't find the answer and I'm not sure about it so decided to ask here :) I have handed in business assignment 3 weeks ago, I have another one to do next week - marketing. They are both almost the same, only a few things need to be changed for marketing. Is it fine if I submit my business one only slightly changed? I mean that's all my work and I think they shouldn't have problems with that?

You can actually plagiarise yourself believe it or not

• Registered Users Posts: 43 happyturtle

You can actually plagiarise yourself believe it or not

Really? So I can't go the easy way you say? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭greenbicycle

Yep highly debased is right, you can plagiarise yourself, weirdly enough!

Is the same person correcting both papers? If not you may get away with it though. . .

I corrected papers for awhile when I was a tutor and I only ever looked up things in google when they looked suspiciously plagerised, caught a good few out, it's actually very easy to spot. In your case though as it is your own work you probably be okay as it wouldn't look suspicious and you could play I innocent and none the wiser if pulled about it. . . .

Then again, not sure if Ul use that plagiarism software, never saw it in action myself or know how it works

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭boo-yaw-ka-shaa

"Turnitin" will show up if you've plagiarised from any other paper including your own work!! Thats only of course if the first paper has been put through turnitin and is already on their database! if not it should be grand!
    Unless of course its the same corrector!

• Registered Users Posts: 43 happyturtle

Ok, thanks for that :) I guess I will just write it again using the same ideas, as I'm not sure who will correct this and dont want to risk it... I'm just glad I asked :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Ask the marketing lecturer, pointing out that the assignments are quite similar. If the lecturer knows about it in advance and says it's OK, it isn't a problem. Let the other guy know as well and you're completely covered.

Advertisement