Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting fillings and eating

Options
  • 12-04-2012 6:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. Just after getting my first filling about an hour ago (raging after 21 years of not needing one but anyway :o) and was just wondering what the story with eating is.

My mouth is still a bit numb but there's no pain. Do I have to let the filling "bed in" for want of a better word or is it just a case of if it feels ok work away. Any advise would be great.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 933 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dianthus

Either way, wait until the numbness wears off completely, as you risk biting your cheek/lip/tongue& causing a large ulcer/swelling.
    If the filling is white, it's already set& you can eat away once the numbness has worn off completely.
    If it's silver, it needs time to reach full strength, when the numbness has worn off eat on the other side until tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭kwestfan08

Thanks a million Dianthus. Thinks its a white one, been looking for a while and straining to see anything on the tooth so can't be silver I guess.

Advertisement