Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming tax back

Options
  • 12-04-2012 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

Hiya I'm hoping someone will know how to go about this.

I worked in London for 6 months last year in an investment bank. I paid a lot of tax and I'm sure I'm entitled to some of it back. The thing is when I was working I never had a NI number, but I was definitely paying the right amount of tax ( I have no idea how and I double checked with work and the NI people who confirmed I never had a number)

I've been on to the HM Revenue and Customs site but I'm finding it hard to see which form I'm meant to get or if I can claim tax back if I didn't have an NI number (I have one now though)

Can anyone advise on what I should do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Terrontress

Hiya I'm hoping someone will know how to go about this.

I worked in London for 6 months last year in an investment bank. I paid a lot of tax and I'm sure I'm entitled to some of it back. The thing is when I was working I never had a NI number, but I was definitely paying the right amount of tax ( I have no idea how and I double checked with work and the NI people who confirmed I never had a number)

I've been on to the HM Revenue and Customs site but I'm finding it hard to see which form I'm meant to get or if I can claim tax back if I didn't have an NI number (I have one now though)

Can anyone advise on what I should do?

I think you are entitled to some form of a rebate although it will not be as high as if you were part year in Ireland and then moved to UK.

You should go to forums.moneysavingexpert.com

There is a taxation section in that and someone will know the answer.

Advertisement