Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unmarked safety camera van - Ennistymon?

Options
  • 12-04-2012 12:39pm
    Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I was doing a bottle bank run last evening (7pm maybe) and the recycling area (almost opposite the garda Station) was half blocked by an unmarked 08 D XXXXX transit van.

It was equipped with all the cameras etc. pointing out the back.

I looked at the Garda website for safety camera locations and the area isn't marked.

Was this a Gatso or one of the survey vehicles?

Any thoughts or observations welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

White transit? They issue tickets.
    it is always in inagh

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Yep it was white. I stopped in front of it's back doors (oh er matron!) to put a few bottles in the bottle bank. Hope I wasn't going too fast before I braked!

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Carazy

I was doing a bottle bank run last evening (7pm maybe) and the recycling area (almost opposite the garda Station) was half blocked by an unmarked 08 D XXXXX transit van.

It was equipped with all the cameras etc. pointing out the back.

I looked at the Garda website for safety camera locations and the area isn't marked.

Was this a Gatso or one of the survey vehicles?

Any thoughts or observations welcome

The van frequents outside Loughvale (in between the two entrances to the petrol station) too with it's hazzard lights on.

The online list is just for the 'marked' vans.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Patrick 74

You really have to watchout coming into any town now.Sometimes the mind slips and you dont realise your are little over the speed limit.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭ger664

If its a 50/60 zone on an N route you will be sure to have one of these vans on that section. The initial idea was for them to be in high accident spots but you will rarely see them in 100km zones but nearly always in the 50/60 zones.

They are haunting the stretch on the Kilrush road in Lissycasey. At least they but up those flashing Speed check signs which do make you slow down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭hogflem

Same van was on the freeway just before the turn off to go into limerick city via the Radison hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭golden8

hogflem wrote: »
    Same van was on the freeway just before the turn off to go into limerick city via the Radison hotel.

Where is the road "Freeway"?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

hogflem wrote: »

O8 D XXXXX? That's remarkable :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20 anyone_local

The marked vans are the go safe vans run by that private company. That white one is a Garda speed van. It was out on the motorway after bunratty twice last week (both directions) and would be in around Ennis a lot. The tulla road after the grove is another favourite haunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

The garda one usually has a small garda sticker on the bonnet, it's also a bigger van than the gosafe ones... i've see an unmarked gosafe van a few times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭littlesthobo

Saw this same van on the Quin road leaving Ennis just before Johnno's pub on the right hand side a couple of weeks back, no markings on it. 50 KPH speed limit

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

The all white go safe/gatso vans have only a small logo on the side and are survey only,it says so on the garda website and iv'e never been issued a fine from the numerous times iv'e passed them doing well over 60kmh in certain places,the surveys are to see if people are adhering to the limits,its the marked ones with all the high viz stuff and the gardai that do the enforcement

A320 wrote: »
    The all white go safe/gatso vans have only a small logo on the side and are survey only,it says so on the garda website and iv'e never been issued a fine from the numerous times iv'e passed them doing well over 60kmh in certain places,the surveys are to see if people are adhering to the limits,its the marked ones with all the high viz stuff and the gardai that do the enforcement

Well last year that white van (not the high viz one) gave a fine to my friend last year outside johnnos .

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭A320

thats highly unlikely as the amount of people that could court challenge it is huge because it says so on the garda website,it was probably a marked van or a garda one

• Registered Users Posts: 3,241 ✭✭✭kollegeknight

the white one in inagh definately issued me with a fine in jan.:(

A320 wrote: »
    thats highly unlikely as the amount of people that could court challenge it is huge because it says so on the garda website,it was probably a marked van or a garda one
    Yes it was a white 'unmarked' white garda van with all there stuff in it. We are on about the Garda Robot vans not the Go Safe Survey vans.
    08-D is a Garda Robot van and can issue fines be it marked or unmarked.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭cynder

Ive seen the same van on the tulla rd, it was parked in the cycle lane, I took photos of it but my nosy daughter deleted them. I parked the car in an estate and walked up to it took photos of the front, back and sides of van, with it clearly blocking of the cycle lane. It had the camera and equipment in the back and it was unmarked pure white van with a 08 dublin reg. As far as im aware its around clare for the next month or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Same van was parked up on the way into limerick yesterday from shannon, in a field entrance before ballymorris.
    They also had the red camera van further up the road then!

Advertisement