Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy a hurley in the city?

Options
  • 12-04-2012 10:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭

Hey, I guess the answer is find a club and buy one from them. But I'm not looking to join a team, just dassle the locals in the park during the summer :p

Any suggestions? Small print on Ryanair and Aerlingus deny persons carrying hurleys onto a flight as hand luggage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Fly BMI and put it in the hold for free...... or ask someone to post you one?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

could also try air france to LCY. best option would be to get someone in a club to get you a decent one, i really doubt you'd get a good quality one elsewhere.

http://www.jjbsports.com/pws/ProductDetails.ice?ProductID=14569&utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=affiliate

1st result on Google shopping - Might not be great quality, but could be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭the_god_swan

cheers for the suggestions, im gonna see if friends visiting in the next month or 2 are taking luggage for underneath the plane and ask them to strap a hurley onto there bags. at least then it would be good quality. failing that i will look to contact a local club in east london and ask to buy one from them. failing that i will cut down a tree in hyde park and carve out my own :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Lump wrote: »

ah yes id heard of these guys, but the site was offline the last few days. cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 10,222 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Where in London are you?

Marcusm wrote: »
    Where in London are you?

Hackney Central

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

meant to ask, where in ireland are you from? i've a few spare hurleys, made in offaly and clare. some lads from cork on the old hurling team thought my offaly hurley was hilarious looking, but i'm a midlander, and it was the shape we were brought up on.

Advertisement