Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work Experience Fetac 5

Options
  • 12-04-2012 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi i was supposed to do ten days of work experience as part of my pre-nursing course. I only managed 4 days as my grandmother passed away. I said this to my course co-ordinator to see if there was anyway of making up the days after our exams but she said it would be too late and to just write up my work experience journal as if I did the ten days and that she would speak to my module tutor and explain the situation. Obviously I wont have my evaluation from the hospital as I did not complete the ten days but this is only 30%. I can still pass on my journal and assignment but I was wondering is it possible the correcters will contact the hospital as to why they did not send on the evaluation or will they just accept that they didnt send it on and just dock me the 30% or what will happen? Help please!!!!!!! I have to pass the work experience module in order to get my major award! The co-ordinator is making an allowance for me because I had a really rough time this year. I know this is dishonest but it wasn't my idea!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Further Ed.

Sorry to hear about your loss.

Your Co-ordinator, while trying to help you, is placing you in an impossible and unfair situation. It is falsifying state examination work by indicating that you worked longer than you did. He/she are also breaching FETAC regulations and any number of the centre's QA policis and procedures. If it is discovered then both you and they will be subject to centre procedures.

Any FETAC Extern who looks at your work will look for the evidence of the 10 placement - is there any way you could work up the days at weekends and the May Bank holiday or have you completed any similar placements that you could point to as evidence. I would take my chances and present accurate evidence rather than false evidence.

If you are seeking 8 distinctions in order to proceed onto a Nursing degree be aware that competition is very intense and 8 distinctions does not mean a place on a degree programme.

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Just to agree with Further Ed.

You need to get the work experience completed - questions will be asked by the external authenticator if a supervisor's report hasn't been submitted.

Furthermore, if word gets out that you were facilitated in falsifying a submission then the course provider could lose their FETAC accreditation.

If you have finished your exams you should be able to make up the 6 days. If the course co-ordinator really wants to facilitate you in this regard, she can allow a late submission close to the date of authentication and mark it for you then.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭kob29

Agreed! Arrange to do the other 6 days asap, before internal verification starts at the centre. Work through a weekend and speed it up. It's very bad advice, tell the coordinator you can't take the chance and are not willing to put them in that position either. If they are still resisting go to the principal/ deputy and state your case. But get the ball rolling on getting some days sorted immediately.

Advertisement