Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thermal Screens

Options
  • 11-04-2012 11:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭

Hi,

could anyone suggest where I could purchase a set internal thermal screens (silverscreens) for Trafic/Vivaro/Primastar.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Don't know but I made my own out of a role of silver bubble wrap type insulation I got in homebase. you cut it roughly to size the push it into the window frame run a marker along the edge then cut out side the line to get a good fit, works well for side windows. for the front window you'd need to join two bits and use suction cups, hit the two euro shop for those.

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

Thanks for that Spacehopper. May go that route yet.
    Rang Donoghys and Charles camping. Neither have a set in stock. 2 weeks wait before their next order in from Uk. The set of internal covers will cost 100 euro plus 10 euro delivery within Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

If its for privacy at night you could use black out blind material between the cab and the living area? No thermal properties though.

Hi Kol,

I would prefer the screen covers as it would allow the cab area to be used as part of "the living area" using the swivel seat on passenger side.

There seems to be a fair number of used Boxer/Ducatto sets for sale on EB but none to fit the Trafic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

unfit2006 wrote: »
    Hi Kol,

I would prefer the screen covers as it would allow the cab area to be used as part of "the living area" using the swivel seat on passenger side.

There seems to be a fair number of used Boxer/Ducatto sets for sale on EB but none to fit the Trafic.

I was wondering about that. It makes sense. I dont have the swivel seats so rarely sit in the cab area.

I would just bite the bullet and order them today. You will have them in 2 weeks. There are new exterior screen covers for sale on Ebay but they are more expensive than the interior ones and they are are pain if they are wet when you have to fold them up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭AutostratusEB

O'Leary Motorhomes in the UK have generic thermal screens for GBP50 plus carriage. I bought them and they're great, come complete with suction cups etc. Make a big difference for heating costs I'm glad we have them - yes it's actually cold here at the moment in the night (4-5deg C) in Gard/Provence, France - had to get that in!!!

Roscommon me hole. Had to get that in too.

Yes i was looking at the universal fit internal screens from O'Leary's but O'Leary's are charging £24.99 carriage.
    I have also seen them from other outlets on line such as Leisure Outlet who charge £14.95 Post and Packaging (3-5 day delivery).
    Looking as if I may be able to buy a set on line for £55 including delivery so will probably go with that. Certainly beats paying 110 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I, like other posters here made my own from a roll of thermal foil with some suction cups.

Helluva lot cheaper than buying ones and you can make them to your own shape.

Priced a 1mtr wide roll in Woodies yesterday. 31.99.
    The narrower roll (600mm) was 21.99 but would not cover the deep windscreen on the Primastar.
    Will need to source 12 heavy duty suckers preferably the ones with the little lever/ring pull that makes them easy to detatch from the screen.
    Having looked at the rolls on offer, I think it may be necessary to turn back and sew a hem on each cover so as not to have a raw edge ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

unfit2006 wrote: »
    Hi,

could anyone suggest where I could purchase a set internal thermal screens (silverscreens) for Trafic/Vivaro/Primastar.

Cheers.

Here is some for sale ... http://vanderlust.com/campershop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=10_34&sort=20a&page=2

• Advertisement

Thanks for that link but 92 euro plus P&P is a bit over my budget

Thermal screens arrived yesterday.
    The brand is Milenco and they are "universal fit".
    They actually fit the Primastar quite well. I would recommend them and the seller "Riversway Leisure" in the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭blahblah06

I got the milenco for my sprinter there great blinds and at £50 posted they did the job

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

Thanks for the update how much to the door (if ye dont mind) I'm thinkin of buying some too

£58.90 to the door. Worked out at €73.

Advertisement