Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Analytical Science through PLC

Options
  • 11-04-2012 8:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

Hey everyone. :)
    I was wondering if anyone here got into analytical science (or any DCU science course really) through the Pre-University Science PLC in Colaiste Dhulaigh. If so was it hard to get in? Did you get all distinctions or some merits? Also, did you enjoy the course? So for so many questions.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Partition

Hi ally,

I'm in my 4th year of Biotechnology in DCU and I gained entry through the PLC science course in Killester College. I got all distinctions, and tbh I think that's necessary, as some of my friends on the course who got a mixture of distinctions and merits weren't offered a place. However maybe that's not the case now. You should probably ask your course head, they would have more of an idea of what's required.

I have really loved the degree and am hoping to begin a PhD in a few months. The standard of education you receive in the Faculty of Science and Health is really high. The PLC really set me up so well- much of what they cover will be the foundation of your 1st year in university, so you'll be able to hit the ground running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 592 ✭✭✭fizzyorange

Yeah I assumed you'd have to get all distinctions, but was just making sure. :)
    Thanks very much, I hope I get the points for the course but if not the PLC would be okay too. I'm glad you are enjoying your course, I hear biotech is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I did that PLC to do biotechnology, in 2nd year atm. It's gotten dramatically hard this semester :(. You'll be grand in the PLC once you put the head down coming up to the exams tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Partition

Ironictoaster, don't worry it's normal to feel overwhelmed at this stage of 2nd year. I know our class did! Just keep on keeping on and the storms will pass. Keep the faith!

And allydoyle, best of luck with your points. Maybe see you around the science building one day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Partition wrote: »
    Ironictoaster, don't worry it's normal to feel overwhelmed at this stage of 2nd year. I know our class did! Just keep on keeping on and the storms will pass. Keep the faith!

And allydoyle, best of luck with your points. Maybe see you around the science building one day!

Ah mass transfer is the bane of my life!

• Advertisement
Advertisement