Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Achica anyone bought from here?

• 11-04-2012 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Wondering if anyone else has had any experience with dealing with Achica.com and what were your thoughts? I recently ordered from them and after 1 months of waiting half my order arrives even after several emails, they never once said only part of my order was on the way! They kept saying it was coming....
    Then it arrives finally today half the order missing and the other half smashed!

They take ages to come back to me on queries/emails.

I hope I am allowed to post this here, if not please let me know, but I am curious to know if anyone else shops with them, It was my first time buying from them, but i have been window shopping for ages :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Majesticzebras

Wondering if anyone else has had any experience with dealing with Achica.com and what were your thoughts? I recently ordered from them and after 1 months of waiting half my order arrives even after several emails, they never once said only part of my order was on the way! They kept saying it was coming....
    Then it arrives finally today half the order missing and the other half smashed!

They take ages to come back to me on queries/emails.

I hope I am allowed to post this here, if not please let me know, but I am curious to know if anyone else shops with them, It was my first time buying from them, but i have been window shopping for ages :)

Hi there,
    Am really sorry to resurrect an old thread :o
    Am just wondering how you got on or if anybody else has ordered from here. Am so tempted, there are huge savings, but like most of my online purchases- could be better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭New build in sight

Hey!

Well I kind of take back anything negative I may have eluded to in my post. I have bought quite a bit since then, I have bought Villeroy and Boch delph and cutlery at great prices. I bought some Joseph Joseph gadgets and some fab towels from Pip Studio!

I have learned that they do take their time in delivery, it can take weeks but they do say this in their post but always allow even more time, for example i recently ordered more Villeroy and Boch items and i am still waiting!

I'm in no rush so its fine. i did receive a smashed le cresuet dish on one order but i must say they handled it without any probs and refunded me immediately. So this in my opinion is a positive.

I always check other websites though just in case as sometimes the deal is not as great as it looks, so always be aware of the price and shipping for me is approx €15 the majority of the time so i always have to consider this. But I must say most of the time the deals are great! If you dont mind a long shipping time then i say go for it.

Hope this helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Majesticzebras

:D thank you so much new_build_in_sight! hope you've moved in? In same boat and in no rush for anything to arrive , (have no place to put it!!) but I really think it's good value. Have been checking other sites and despite delivery charge, it's still much better value.

Thanks a mil again ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Sorry for the bump but how did you guys get over the need for a postcode when shipping to Ireland?

seannash wrote: »
    Sorry for the bump but how did you guys get over the need for a postcode when shipping to Ireland?

Hi

Yes just enter 5 zero's. That's the trick with most online retailers.

I have recently just received my Villeroy and Boch steak knife set which I ordered back in July, if only they were faster at the shipping end of things they woudl be perfect! In my experience now, allowing 4 weeks seems to be the norm.

But I must say the deal was amazing i have checked other websites and i got a bargain, so i guess its worth it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Ah I only entered 4 ha ha
    I'll try that
    Thanks for the reply

seannash wrote: »
    Ah I only entered 4 ha ha
    I'll try that
    Thanks for the reply

When I seen your post I quickly checked my address book in Achica and I have 5 zero's in the postcode section... mmm I wonder if it works for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14 nicolasa

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to share my own experience with Achica.

I live in Ireland, which according to Achica's customer service makes impossible to deliver certain "heavy" items. That was the answer to my first query to Achica in order to get a big library delivered. Basically customer service told me not to bother ordering it because it wouldn't be delivered.

After that I got a pair of very good value Paoletti curtains, but when they came, the smell of mold was so strong that I had to contact them. I got the delivery charge reimbursed (£14.95) which of course didn't pay the dry cleaner bill but I thought it was a nice gesture.

Next two items I got, they all came super late (which is normal with Achica and I don't mind) and broken.
    The first one was a lovely pair of ceramic hangers that I glued together without even contacting them.
    But the second time I filled their customer service form and send the pictures of the damage, they gave me the choice of sending the item back and after them receiving it back they would start issuing a refund or just giving a £10 voucher as a compensation, as they no longer issue cash refunds. I kept the item but I regret having done that because specially that one was a lovely unit for the bathroom that got rusty while I was trying to figure out how to fix the broken mirror that came broken and was integrated on the front part of it. The hinges basically fell apart from the rust and the bits supporting the broken mirror too... so forget about using it in a bathroom =( I suppose I'll fix it and use it where it has been all this time, in the utility room.

But my most upsetting moment it happened just a few weeks ago, I ordered a small library for the living room and after being a day or two from the estimated delivery date, I got an email saying that their supplier is out of stock and they cannot fulfill the order. Of course they gave me a £10 voucher for my next purchase.... I was soooo looking forward to that item. I told them if I have to wait longer that wouldn't be a problem, surely the item has to come back on stock at some point? but the answer that I got again and again was the same robotic "we are very sorry" "we understand your disappointment" BUT I won't bother with your order and I will give you a £10 voucher.... Buff!! I wonder what it really happened... Anyway, speculations aside, I think their customer service it is rapidly going down!!! It did feel like they really read my email and kept repeating the same song.

It's a pity because they have such nice stuff... and here in Ireland it's difficult to get such good deals on designer stuff, but it's very disheartening thinking that the items that are likely to break WILL (btw, the packaging every time was one layer of thin bubblewrap and then thin cardboard!!!!)

Anyway, that's my own experience, it might have been bad luck, but I would like to know if this has happened to more people out there.

Thanks for listening! Kinda feel better now =)

Advertisement