Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Italian Route

Options
  • 11-04-2012 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Can anybody advise me on the most direct toll free route from Cherbourg to Lake Coma with camper van.

Would appreciate any input.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭T650

hollyann wrote: »
    Can anybody advise me on the most direct toll free route from Cherbourg to Lake Coma with camper van.

Would appreciate any input.

Hi Hollyann,

I have thought about Lake Como or Garda over the past year or two as well but didn't have time to do it properly. I visit motorhomefacts.com for great info and so on and someone recommended a route.

Check here http://www.motorhomefacts.com/ftopict-88922-lake.html+como

Lots of people lean towards going via Switzerland rather than Austria because of the need for vignette (toll-sticker) or go-box (required on board unit if vehicle is over 3.5 T ) in Austria.

To get from Cherbourg down to Switzerland go to www.viamichelin.com and put in start and finish points and also on the left hand side choose "more options" and tick the box for "avoid tolls"

Hope that helps a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 hollyann

Thanks for that T650 WILL CHECK IT OUT.

Advertisement