Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prazsky in bottles

Options
  • 11-04-2012 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭

I've been searching high and low for Prazsky beer in bottles because I like the beer but I don't want to drink from alluminum cans anymore after testing high for metals. I know it is available in bottled form. I've asked various off licences if they can order it in for me and they just shrug their shoulders and say they've never seen it in bottles. If I gave that response in my job I'd prob be suspended or fired. Does anybody on this forum know if it would be difficult for an off licence to order in Prazsky. Surely it's not that big of an ask?.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Coman's are the importer and they say on their website that bottles are available. Ask them where.
    Seanachai wrote: »
    I don't want to drink from alluminum cans anymore after testing high for metals.
    This doesn't make any sense. The can is lined so the beer doesn't touch the metal. Pour it into a glass.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

I asked Comans twice thinking the first person might have been having a bad day and they just said that they never heard of bottles being sold in Ireland. I think it's more of a can't be bothered kind of thing. I'm going by a doctors recommendation in relation to the aluminum in beer that comes in cans. I'm not a scientist all I have to go by is the doctors advice and the anecdotal evidence in that when I drink beer from cans I get metal toxicity symptoms. It's a pretty trivial thing at the end of the day but it's frustrating to think that it could be solved by somebody filling out some lines on a form or making a phone call.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

testing high for metals.
    Was aluminium one of the metals?

As said the cans are lined, when you break the seal there is a tiny area exposed, but if you pour into a glass in one go it will have minimal contact -compared to sipping from that exposed area. Tastes better from a glass too!
    when I drink beer from cans I get metal toxicity symptoms.
    And you get none from bottles I take it?

Looking at the symptoms
    * Chronic pain throughout the muscles and tendons or any soft tissues of the body
    * Chronic malaise – general feeling of discomfort, fatigue, and illness
    * Brain fog – state of forgetfulness and confusion
    * Chronic infections such as Candida
    * Gastrointestinal complaints, such as diarrhea, constipation, bloating, gas, heartburn, and indigestion
    * Food allergies
    * Dizziness
    * Migraines and/or headaches
    * Visual disturbances
    * Mood swings, depression, and/or anxiety
    * Nervous system malfunctions – burning extremities, numbness, tingling, paralysis, and/or an electrifying feeling throughout the body
    I know quite a few mates who would experience these from drinking from cans rather than bottles. But this is due to the simple fact that they drink much more if drinking cans, I know guys who switch to bottles in pubs to "slow down". You should know yourself if you drink more, 6 cans =9 longnecks.

I have definitely seen it in at least one offlicence, but can't recall where, possibly the offie at the noggin inn in sallynoggin.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,011 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I'm fairly certain I've seen these in my local Spar before, I think there 50cl bottles. Next time I'm in I'll check

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭Seanachai

Aluminum was one of the metals I tested high for. The effect happens irregardless of if I've had two cans or eight cans. It doesn't happen when I drink from bottles. I'm aware of the side effects of excessive alcohol consumption. I also have sensitivity to plastics which may be part of the lining in the can. I'll check out the Sallynoggin off license and see what I find. Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,895 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I'm going by a doctors recommendation in relation to the aluminum in beer that comes in cans.

Don't you just love the way doctors can have a professional, expert opinion on just about anything?!

It was my wife's ex doctor's professional, expert opinion that my wife should wear more make up!!

Advertisement