Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Benitez Next Liverpool Manager

Options
  • 11-04-2012 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭

12/1 best price with Stan James, was 14/1 up to a few minutes ago when I placed a bet.

Anyone else think its realistic? I really think he will be back in summer, new owners, Kenny not going well will prob step down, Rafa has brought success in the past, and is out of a job at the minute. He's made it very clear he loves the club aswell.

I think its a fantastic bet. Most people will probably think I'm mental?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

You're mental

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 jmurry

ft9 wrote: »
    12/1 best price with Stan James, was 14/1 up to a few minutes ago when I placed a bet.

Anyone else think its realistic? I really think he will be back in summer, new owners, Kenny not going well will prob step down, Rafa has brought success in the past, and is out of a job at the minute. He's made it very clear he loves the club aswell.

No chance in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Hopefully :D Maybe after that give Hodgson another go and then Souness :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,977 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

KRAP

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 994 ✭✭✭carbon nanotube

ft9 wrote: »

Lmao

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Lmao

Can't say I'd be laughing. It's not like he said Eamonn Dunphy

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Hopefully :D Maybe after that give Hodgson another go and then Souness :pac:

Aye, and 150million on players to finish sixth

UrbanSea wrote: »
    Can't say I'd be laughing. It's not like he said Eamonn Dunphy

Eamon would at least match benitez with ridiculous post match interviews

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Rafa is a gas man if he blags that chesea job. He must have one heck of a agent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Now 5/1 with Stan James. Pity Betfair don't have a market on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Formation

I would welcome him back to the club after cosmolli and dalglish thought £35m for carroll was good business when aguero was sold at the same time for a similar amount.

I wouldn't bet on it though as your betting blind, you don't even know if there will be a job to fill.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

If Liverpool bring in another Director of Football, Rafa won't be returning.

He wouldn't work under them conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 BobLoblaw77

Formation wrote: »
    I would welcome him back to the club after cosmolli and dalglish thought £35m for carroll was good business when aguero was sold at the same time for a similar amount.

I wouldn't bet on it though as your betting blind, you don't even know if there will be a job to fill.

Easy to do, but I don't think you can compare Carroll and Aguero in terms of transfer fee alone. Liverpool would not have been able to afford Aguero's wages without absolutely smashing our wage ceiling. Also, no chance Aguero would have joined us when we weren't even in Europe.

There's no doubt that spending that much on Carroll was one of the most stupidest things we've done. First offer to them should have been £10 - 15m.. not £30m (as has been reported). If Comolli was sacked for that, fair enough. Any flute could do that job.

Comolli "How much are you looking for, for Player x?"
    Other Club "£25m"
    Comolli "Ok.. We'll offer you... £23m.."
    Other Club "No deal"
    Comolli "hmmm.. Why does that never work. Ok. £27m"
    Other club "No deal"
    etc...

i think it was more like

" how much do you want for carroll?"

>> " 20 million at least"

" ok, we offer you 35million"

>>> " deal man"

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭crustyjuggler

The Prem needs Rafa back . Entertaining guy that he is .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

FSG please give Rafa the job!

i do miss his ramblings it has to be said.

Advertisement