Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is USIT Canada work Visa worth the extra money??

Options
  • 11-04-2012 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi folks,
    Thinking about emmigrating to Canada late this year or early next year. Is it worth going through a company like USIT? I know its more expensive, but does it save hassle or make it easier getting accepted? Ive a degree in Civil Engineering but I dont know which would be the best way to get a visa. Any ideas or opinions??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Hitch11

No its not worth it at all! Just do it yourself, it's pretty simple. Follow the instructions here: http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/ireland-irlande/experience_canada_experience/application_guide-guide_demande.aspx?view=d

You can apply for a second year also while your over there. With your degree you'll be sorted for work.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 drynne

Thanks, but does having a company like USIT give me better odds of getting in or getting in any quicker? By the looks of it they are quite strict in issuing visas and with no relations over there or any job offer, the one thing i have going for me is a degree in Engineering. If going with USIT meant better odds of getting a visa, then the couple of extra quid might make sense?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shellyennis

drynne wrote: »
    Thanks, but does having a company like USIT give me better odds of getting in or getting in any quicker? By the looks of it they are quite strict in issuing visas and with no relations over there or any job offer, the one thing i have going for me is a degree in Engineering. If going with USIT meant better odds of getting a visa, then the couple of extra quid might make sense?
    USIT doesnt help you at all, Ive had the misfortune of going through USIT and right now its cost me 1849 euro and im still no closer to a visa. They have no access to the embassy to ask about your application and they dont have any pull in getting it rushed through!! I got my forms checked and had to redo the lot of them, they make you book your flights before you have anything sent off, They booked my flight 12 weeks from when i was up there but failed to tell me that the 1st month it doesnt get counted, My flight was booked for 17 of april i have had to move them to 17 of may in the hope i get my visa. Rang up and even though your allowed 1 free change of flight, they charge you any extra fare mine 359 to move it a month. Honestly take the advice of HITCH11 and do it yourself!!! sorry for going on and on there!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭hellothere1

drynne wrote: »

Don't use USIT. More hassle than it's worth, and you'll save yourself half the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

last year i did it myself my visa cost me 110 euro
    flight with air trasat was 300
    and i got insurance from backpakertravelinsurance for 165
    so doing it myself cost me 575 euros

i used usit a few years ago and it cost me 600 for the flight alone!!!

i pity poor shellyennis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

Usit are crap. Just follow the instruction on the iec site and post any questions here and you will be fine. Total waste of 400 euro that would be better spent in canada!

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭shellyennis

jd83 wrote: »
    Usit are crap. Just follow the instruction on the iec site and post any questions here and you will be fine. Total waste of 400 euro that would be better spent in canada!
    def, total waste of time. Even if you have a question you have to email and it takes 3 days to hear back and all you get is' it takes 8-12 weeks and nothing to do with us '. sickened i went near them!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭galwaygal27

STAY AWAY FROM USIT!!!!

Advertisement