Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginners Road Bike Advice - Budget €600-€800

Options
  • 10-04-2012 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

Hi guys

Been looking around online for bikes for past month or so and looking on different threads to see which bike would suit my purposes and has come down to a road bike, but with so much choice I cant decide on what to get.

I cant avail of the bike to work scheme as I'm only working part time but my budget is €600 - €800. Living in Waterford so the only real bike shops around are Altitude, Spokes and Halfords that I can think of. Before going into these I was hoping to know a bit about bikes.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭cassette50

I picked up the Giant Defy 3 2012 for €800 in Altitude and I've been happy enough with it.

They were willing to let last years model go for €550 so you might be able to get a similar deal out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

cassette50 wrote: »
    I picked up the Giant Defy 3 2012 for €800 in Altitude and I've been happy enough with it.

They were willing to let last years model go for €550 so you might be able to get a similar deal out of them.

Thanks for the reply I was just looking at a giant defy online a few mins ago looks good. Im going down in morning to altitude so hopefully get a deal from them.

Advertisement