Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Oral Monday and entrance exam???? help!

• 10-04-2012 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

I have my irish oral on monday morning at 9. Also at 10 I have an entrance exam for a college on that same morning and the college said that they cannot change the date and this is the one I really want to go to and first choice on my CAO.

So was thinking if I asked my friend to ask the irish teacher to move my name(which is for 9) to a later time in the day when I will be back in school?
    I was thinking this would be a good choice since i dont miss the entrance exam?

The irish orals are 40% and don't want to miss them, am in an irish school and speak fluent irish so should fly through!

Any advice please would be great! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

Thing is, while the school can change it some poor sod is gonna get dropped into the 9am slot :P But if you call them they should be able to do it, my school rearranged it for the debaters :)

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Bambii_

Ask the school nicely and you should get what you want.

And good luck with both! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

Yup as said before, school can change the oral time as long as you stay with the same examiner.

I had to get mine changed as I was going on holidays and there was no problems at all apart from a lecture from my teacher. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Glee_GG

Just ask the school to change it! give them a ring though, don't wait til monday to ask about it!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭IMightKnow

Contact the school (office staff will be there this week) and explain

I dont see how it would ever be a problem, they allow for delays etc

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,100 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I know in our school many teachers have been in over the Easter break, though of course the media would have people believe otherwise.

Get on to your school secretary, ask him/her to contact the Irish teacher tomorrow and try get someone else in at your time instead of you.

In the event that your teacher says they can't move you, ask the school exam secretary to contact the Reasonable Accommodations section in Athlone. There is a two week period to get the Irish oral done, there will be somewhere else you can do it.

The college is not very clued in to Irish education if they scheduled an entrance exam during the busiest two weeks of the year for orals, practicals etc..

Advertisement