Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Zombies vs. Vampires

Options
  • 10-04-2012 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭

Not too sure about the vampire part of this; makes me cringe.

http://tv.ign.com/articles/111/1110427p1.html
    It sounds like the title for a Syfy original movie (if you added "Mega" to the front of one of the participants), but NBC has bought a spec script called Zombies vs. Vampires, reports Deadline Hollywood.

Written by Austin Winsberg (Jake in Process), the project comes from Warner Bros. TV and McG's Wonderland production company – the latter the company behind Human Target, Chuck, Supernatural and the upcoming Nikita.

Deadline says Zombies vs. Vampires is described as a "fun buddy cop procedural," set in a world where zombies are an accepted part of the society – who can be controlled through medication. The two lead characters are a cop duo assigned to a squad that deals with "zombie crime." But one of the cops has a secret. He is – wait for it – actually a vampire!

In the right hands, this could be ridiculously fun. In the wrong hands, it could just be ridiculous. We'll see how far along this project gets and whether we'll get the chance to find out for ourselves if such a cult-ready idea can make it on network TV.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Phew, I thought that this was a topic about that "ULtimate Warrior" episode where the vampire "experts" were total dicks to Max Brooks.

Film MIGHT be good... I've kept an open mind since reading "An Anthology of the Dead", where zombies became a part of society and it was actually a decent read.

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

This is supposed to be a TV series, not a film. And yeah, I've no problem with the zombie part of it; it's the vampire that makes me wary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

I love vampire stories and I love zombie stories. But both in one? I don't know if that'll work. Will have to wait and see.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Looks like an old story, Nikita is out for a while now and I'd assume this may be talking about Death Valley.

There already is a film called zombies Vs Vampires, it was pretty terrible I think.

ScumLord wrote: »
    Looks like an old story, Nikita is out for a while now and I'd assume this may be talking about Death Valley.

There already is a film called zombies Vs Vampires, it was pretty terrible I think.

Ah, I didn't catch that...this wasn't the original article I'd been shown, I just did a search after to see if there were more stories to see if it were true.

Never seen that film myself...I don't particularly like the idea of the two mixed together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I don't think you'd like it at all. I'm almost sure it's a tit flick.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

If a vampire bites a zombie, does the vampire turn into a zombie, or does the zombie turn into a vampire?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

I'd say the vampire would be starrrvvvinnn after biting a zombie. Be like sucking on an empty capri-sun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭batm!ke

If a vampire bites a zombie, does the vampire turn into a zombie, or does the zombie turn into a vampire?

Good question... unless one or the other ended up as some sort of hybrid? :confused:

With it's heightened senses, I don't think a vampire would bite a zombie. It would be able to tell that it's blood was stagnant from death, and diseased.

• Advertisement

With it's heightened senses, I don't think a vampire would bite a zombie. It would be able to tell that it's blood was stagnant from death, and diseased.

True.
    But lets just say it did happen... for the fun of it :D

I'm thinking nothing would happen to the zombie, its brain is still dead, I don't think it would come back, or even just certain parts of it would come back to life after being bitten.

Whereas a vampire, would turn into a zombie, assuming the infection spreads through consumption of infected blood, in most cases it does.

True.
    But lets just say it did happen... for the fun of it :D

I'm thinking nothing would happen to the zombie, its brain is still dead, I don't think it would come back, or even just certain parts of it would come back to life after being bitten.

Whereas a vampire, would turn into a zombie, assuming the infection spreads through consumption of infected blood, in most cases it does.

See, that's why I don't like the idea of the two worlds meeting.

Sure, for the fun of it I could say that I agree, nothing happens to the zombie because it is for all intensive purposes dead, and that I disagree about the vampire becoming a zed - they can't get human diseases like AIDS or HEP C or the like, so therefore they couldn't get infected and become a zombie.

But even as I typed the above my mind was going, "No, never happen, they don't belong in the same movie/tv show/book/etc."

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

the only time i ever seen it in a fashion that could reasonably work was in Blade - the film had a part where the Doctor's colleague had been bitten by a vampire or drained or whatever in such a way that he became a zombie vampire that would feed off anything mindlessly.

Having both occupying the same world with say 'Stoker' and 'Romero' rules applied just wouldnt work at all. Humans would be anhiliated before there was a chance for a story, then the zombies and vampires would starve.. or make brainless dustsucking babies together. Zompires!

Copyright, all rights reserved to degrassinoel.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110148/faq#.2.1.28
    How did Lestat survive the drinking of dead blood?

Lestat survived because drinking dead blood will not kill a vampire. 'Less the death takes you down with it' does not actually mean the vampire dies from drinking dead blood. It just makes them seriously ill.
    Zombies feed on the living, and vampires are also undead.

Perhaps competitors for the same food source. Vampires would have to protect us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭RiderOnTheStorm

Zombies & Vampires? sounds like MTV's Death Valley. Anyone watching that? Its very good ... very funny in parts. Zombies / Vamps / Werewolves / etc are all normal part of California life, and the Undead Task Force make sure they all know their place and dont get out of hand. There is a tv crew following the cops around in a mockumentry . Anyway, there is a subplot going on where the vamp's control the zed's !!

Zombies & Vampires? sounds like MTV's Death Valley. Anyone watching that? Its very good ... very funny in parts. Zombies / Vamps / Werewolves / etc are all normal part of California life, and the Undead Task Force make sure they all know their place and dont get out of hand. There is a tv crew following the cops around in a mockumentry . Anyway, there is a subplot going on where the vamp's control the zed's !!

I watched 4 Episodes of it and then lost interest, it is quite funny, but it isn't addicting so I don't feel like watching another episode after it.

I did like how in one episode, the vampires attacked a blood donation van :P

Advertisement