Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to book ryanair on an expired passport?

Options
  • 10-04-2012 5:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi guys,
    I was planning on booking flights to Greece this week, only copped on my passport was a few weeks out of date the other night. I have budgeted this holiday to include the flights at this price-thanks to 10 hour stopovers in East midlands airports, they are around 200 quid cheaper then normal and I'm terrified they will rise before I book.
    So my question is, is it possible to book ryanair flights with my expired passport, send it away to be renewed then bring both to the airport, presenting the old one if theres any issue when they see the check in & booking passport numbers don't match?
    For research, I think my old problem would be booking the actual flights.
    Any help would be very much appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

You don't need passport details when booking, only when checking in for the flight. If you can get your new passport in time to check in you'll be fine

(I've no idea if you'll be able to get a passport that quickly though, probably a hefty fee)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

How far away is this flight? You say booking this week but you're not flying this week, are you?

I thought you only had to put in passport details if you were flying to Spain? Either way, if you have to put in your passport details when you book I wouldn't risk it. They'd make you pay a hefty fee to change any details. You're better off getting the passport and then booking. But it's worth your while to start the booking and see if they definitely ask you for your PP number.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 igetalong

Thankls for the replies!Flights are not till the end of June, and I plan on sending it away the second I book flights this week, which should be plenty of time, even with my bad luck!
    I ran through the Ryanair booking form a minute ago, and it hasn't asked for any passport details beyond my name. I have gotten down to the payment section and it seems to be ok....doesnt seem to be any risk?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,847 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

Ryanair only need a passport number during online checkin.
    For booking the flight itself it's not needed.
    No risk booking now so. You should have a proper passport by June if you apply now.m

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭undo

Online check-in is available until 4 hours before your flight by the way, so as long as you get your new passport the day before your flight, you will be grand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement