Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wordpress Help

Options
  • 10-04-2012 4:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Firstly sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum...

So I am looking to set up a blog using wordpress, and I am looking to have a number of different pages for different topics in which I'll be blogging.

But from my test run on wordpress, I can create a number of different pages, but I can't seem to get the blogs to appear on those pages.

Cheers in advance for all your help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

Hey all,

Firstly sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong forum...

So I am looking to set up a blog using wordpress, and I am looking to have a number of different pages for different topics in which I'll be blogging.

But from my test run on wordpress, I can create a number of different pages, but I can't seem to get the blogs to appear on those pages.

Cheers in advance for all your help

Wordpress is meant to be one main blog. I remember reading years ago that you could categorize posts and make two pages of posts, each sporting different categories of posts. Prob the easiest way to do it as wordpress was never developed to run two blogs on the same site install.

Not a whole lot of help, but it may set you thinking on the right path with regard to categorizing posts or at least give you something to google.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

stick-dan wrote: »
    Wordpress is meant to be one main blog. I remember reading years ago that you could categorize posts and make two pages of posts, each sporting different categories of posts. Prob the easiest way to do it as wordpress was never developed to run two blogs on the same site install.

Not a whole lot of help, but it may set you thinking on the right path with regard to categorizing posts or at least give you something to google.

Cheers for a speedy reply.

Do you know of any other blogging site that would suite my needs, does blogger offer what I'm looking for, do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

Pages are pages, blogs are blogs.
    You have to "assign" whats pages your blog stories will appear on and which will be your front page (if you want them to be different)

If you want me to take a quick peek and see what the trouble is - just PM me and I'll see if I can help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭A_Sober_Paddy

blue4ever wrote: »
    Pages are pages, blogs are blogs.
    You have to "assign" whats pages your blog stories will appear on and which will be your front page (if you want them to be different)

If you want me to take a quick peek and see what the trouble is - just PM me and I'll see if I can help

Hey Mate,

What I want to do is basic(well in my head it seems basic:D), I want all my blog posts to appear on my home page, but would also like the blogs to be in different pages...

For example:
    If I have a blog post on cooking, I'd like it too appear on the home page as well as a separate page dedicated to cooking and if I was to have one blog post on cycling, for it to appear on a separate page titled cycling as well as the home page

Hope I explained myself well enough

• Registered Users Posts: 25,804 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Cheers for a speedy reply.

Do you know of any other blogging site that would suite my needs, does blogger offer what I'm looking for, do you know?

Yes, Blogger can be set up to work that way:
    http://blogger-hints-and-tips.blogspot.com/2010/12/how-to-put-put-posts-into-your-pages-in.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭blue4ever

in settings, go to reading - you'll see it asks for the different pages - and asks if you want your blog posts as the front page

Advertisement