Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Map of the Dead

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭ChaseThisLight

That is really cool, and it's actually spot on. I was able to find exactly where I live (there are no labeled streets, but I recognized the map area) and it got doctor's offices, grocery stores, gun shops, military offices/bases, etc all correct. Great thing to print out and keep on hand, just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭a fat guy

Really cool, but it's missing a lot of stuff for my crappy town!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Yeah, same here. Missing three pharmacies, 2 dentists, 3 doctors and a shopping centre.

I'm so glad you both said that, 'cause I was having a look over different countries (I'm in the states) and when I had a look at Ireland, I saw more gas/service stations than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Ahem.. that one is pretty accurate lol :o
    The only thing we lack here imo are decent gunshops, the only i even knew of used to be in temple bar, and that's probably gone.

• Advertisement

Well, in that case, you'll have plenty of fuel. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

It has the petrol station and golf course in my town. Not really much use though. Here is a list of all the things that won't be around after the zombie apocalypse.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,522 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

No firearms dealers shown on the map...less people to compete with for firearms when Z Day comes:pac: Have my own anyway but a rake of ammunition won't go amiss:P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭DakotaYoda

Yeah mine shows up flakey too, though I'm also using Firefox. I need to test w/ Chrome or something else.

It lists military recruiting stations as "Military Installations" which I don't think they are exactly. You could find some pens and paperwork there but not much useful.

It also didn't list any of our hospitals though it did catch some odd smaller clinics.

A neat idea in any case...

I'm using Chrome, and it was really accurate...I even drove past one area, right by my house, because the map said there was a dentist there but I didn't think there was -it was there.

Any place connected to the military is labeled like that...the Aviation & Space Museum in my town shows as a Military Installation when all it has is planes, etc that I'm not sure even fly anymore. And the only military personnel you'll find there are actually all veterans.

• Advertisement
Advertisement